Error Parallels 15 macOS Big Sur Beta 3

Installed latest Beta, getting the following error: Parallels Desktop cannot be started because some of the required components are missing from the operating system of your Mac. I've tried to reinstall Parallels Desktop 15, however, the installation hangs and does not complete. Any suggestions?

Replies

This got application installed and working but after shutting application down couldn't get it to start again.

Used solution from billxiong and MiracleMan and  PaulvSchaik  it works.

Thanks guys!
I have the same effect after installations Beta software :-(
Installed latest Beta, getting the following error: Parallels Desktop cannot be started because some of the required components are missing from the operating system of your Mac. I've tried to reinstall Parallels Desktop 15, however, the installation hangs and does not complete.

Can You help us?
Setup
<Host> macOS Big Sur Public Beta 1 Build 20A5343j
<Guest> Win 10 Ult
<Scenario-1> After macOS Big Sur upgrade, VM won't start. Used commands: export SYSTEMVERSIONCOMPAT=1; open -a 'Parallels Desktop'. VM was up and Win OS started working. Shutdown.
Restarted VM with the same procedure. VM was up and Win OS started working. Re-installed Parallel Tools. System Crashed and could not make it work.
<Scenario-2> Installed Parallels v15.1.4. Tried all the prescribed workaround steps. But none of them worked.
<Workaround - Success> Went into Time Machine and replaced the Parallels v15.1.4 with the last working copy before upgrading to Big Sur. Used commands: export SYSTEMVERSIONCOMPAT=1; open -a 'Parallels Desktop'. SUCCESS. VM is up and OS working and peaceful shutdown. Restarted the VM and OS. SUCCESS. Was able to work.
  • Note* Do NOT try to change the Config setting of Parallels, which will crash the VM and OS becomes unresponsive.

Wish you all the best.
Hi Folks Good News Parallels 16 has just been Release, according to release documentation most problems have been fixed.

Hey guys, I tried the following and it worked with Parallels Desktop 14:

First: Open de dmg file so that the installer is mounted

then
Code Block
export SYSTEM_VERSION_COMPAT=1

and finally

Code Block
3. open -a '/Volumes/Parallels Desktop 14/Install.app'

Thanks to @billxiong and @Evan.h
  • Hi! I was stupid enough to update to Mac OS Ventura. Now I cannot start my Parallels 15 installation (again). The previously reported fix using export SYSTEM_VERSION_COMPAT=1 is not working. Do anyone have a bright idea?

Add a Comment