iOS 14 no signal, no cellular data

Hi!
I've installed iOS beta 4 on my iPhone 11 Pro and since then, I lost the signal and I don't have data. I have another iPhone X with iOS 14, and I don't have issue with it. It only occurs on iPhone 11.

I tried many things like:
  • Reset network setting

• Turn off/on airplane mode

• Turn off/on cellular data

• Hard reboot

• Soft reboot

• Reset content and data

• Turn off/on roaming

Same issues
It seems that the cell is looking for the signal constantly.

Do you have any idea how to fix it ?
Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of ropims Down vote post of ropims
152k views
  • So heres what I noticed after 10 months of dealing with this issue- IF there is a wifi present- the phone automatically switches to wifi, normal occurrence. THEN I lose all cellular data. I RARELY see that both exist. So for the last week- I reset my network settings and am solely using cellular, it went out ONCE for 3 seconds and came back. Fix this APPLE!

• I’m also in the same boat and it’s driving me mad! I have carried out a full factory reset, had a new SIM card from my provider and no change, I have missed so many important calls! Is there any fix yet @apple?!

• The same issue is currently happening to me, I have a temporary solution.I walk with a pin and and each time I loose the network I just open the sim slot and close it immediately and that will work for some few hours then I loose it again. It must the new IOS and I hope apple will fix this as soon as possible

Replies

Hi,
I've got the same problem since I bought my iPhone X in October 2018 (iOS 13).
The only way I found to bypass this MAJOR problem is to reboot the phone or put the phone in air plane mode for almost 30 sec.

When I got my phone, I went to the apple store, they have seen the no cellular network problem with my phone, and they gave me a new phone. It ends up with the same result with the cellular network problem.
With every OS update I was hoping that the problem will be corrected, and without any luck it's still persist.

Will I buy a new iPhone? I'm really not sure.
JayFig78 answer solved it for me. I had to switch off the network from automatic and had to manually select my network, and reboot. The calls are now going through.
Thanks, Jay
The JayFig78 answer`s did not worked for me.... back to start!
Hi everyone, Facing the same problem. Yesterday I updated my iPhone 8 from iOS 14.2 beta 4 to 14.2. Initially it worked well but now from morning there is no cellular service. Tried everything like hard and soft reset , replaced sim to different net work but there is still the message of no service. Can anyone help to resolve the issue.
AR.
VilainF if you have a vpn, it could be the problem. Delete it and delete the vpn profile. For me it’s been a week and the no service issue hasn’t happened once after the workaround. Good luck.
Recently updated! Bad cellular signal and draining battery! Tried everything possible + Apple support. I hope they the release the next one soon to fix all bugs.
Has iOS 14.2 fixed “No service” issue?
Hello. I am having the exact same issue here. Started today and I have tried everything suggested in this thread and several other ideas without any luck. This is such a disappointment and I am getting really sick of Apples obvious absence in this regard.

it seems like there are many people reading these posts here so as this is one of many forums discussing this issue I will continue following this thread until a proper solution is presented.
Thanks in advance.
iPhone xs, ios 14.2.

Edit: The only thing that has been working for me is by turning cellular data off for about three seconds and then turning flight mode on/off, and then cellular data back on again.
same happened with me too, since updating from iOS 13.x.x to iOS 14.1 when my iPhone XS Max signals low and gone then showing up No Service, no way to get the cellular network back, only I can do is force restarting the iPhone then it’s work again, very frustrating issues! I joined and wrote this comment is try to let Apple knows there’s more case with the problems. Hoping Apple can pay attention and fix please!
ios 14.2 still no network, no cellular data. so hard airplane mode on/off for searching network. after a long search, have network but no cellular data (LTE / 3G). hate this situation, must hotspot on another smartphone for using my iphone 11 pro max. i think if apple not repair this problem, apple user can move to competitors smartphones.
Ios 14.2 didnt work for me either.. i reported this problem to apple and they dont have anything to relete with this... i had this problem after updating my phone to 14.1 and waited a longg time for 14.2 cause heard someone said it has modem update and was not able to use my sim in my iphone for 1-2 months. Should i visit any apple store for this issue or does this problem have any permanant solution? Please let me know.
thankyou
Not fixed for 14.2, was thinking of the new IPhone 12 but what’s the point of buying it if you going to get a similar issue few years from now. Going to order android and not waste time. Supposed to be a premium product but seems like it’s not
I recently updated to the 14.2 as well and my cellular data does not work! I’m able to place phone calls and receive them (sometimes!) but text messages not delivered and no internet connection whatsoever. So frustrating!! My signal bars show 2-3 bars but still no cellular data/internet! Can’t use my GPS while trying to get to places and Safari says no internet, same as any apps that require internet to work. Apple really needs to fix this as I’m only able to use my phone at my home wifi!

iPhone 11, iOS update 14.2

Please update if any other fixes, IVE TRIED EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!
Same issue with me as well
after upgrading iphone6s to ios14.2
I am facing no network issues
pls help
Same issue. I got "No network" since I upgraded my phone (Iphone 8) to IOS 14.1. I tried everything but nothing worked. Just updated to 14.2 with a slight of hope that thing would go back to normal, but it did not. This is my worst experience with Apple product and it makes me so frustrated. I am buying a Samsung this time.