_MASReceipt data won't download when testing with Sandbox users

For the past week I’ve been unable to prepare new Mac applications for submission to App Store Connect. macOS isn't providing my apps with MAS Receipt data at launch time when testing with App Store Connect Sandbox users.

I discovered this when I started working on an update for one of our apps. But I’ve found that almost all of our other published apps are exhibiting the same behavior. When our apps are launched, we check for the existence of MAS Receipt data in the app's package (ie, MyAppName.app/Contents/_MASReceipt/receipt).

When the receipt doesn’t exist our apps call exit(173) as per Apple’s guidelines. At that point, macOS typically downloads the MAS Receipt data and re-launches the app for us. However, after the call to exit(173) no Receipt data is downloaded, and the Finder reports the app as being “Damaged”. An inspection of the Console log reveals the following:

loginwindow -[PersistentAppsSupport applicationQuit:] | for app:MyAppName, _appTrackingState = 2
loginwindow -[PersistentAppsSupport applicationQuit:] | App: MyAppName, quit, updating active tracking timer
storeuid ReceiptRefreshRequest: Error fetching receipt for /Applications/MyAppName.app - Error Domain=com.apple.commerce.client Code=500 "(null)"
storelegacy StoreLegacy: Failed to perform in-line receipt renewal for application at path /Applications/MyAppName.app : 'The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.apple.commerce.client error 500.)'

(This particular log text is from Mojave; Catalina doesn’t provide many more details)

I’m able to reproduce this issue on 3 different Macs (iMac Pro, MacBook Pro 2014, and iMac 2010), 3 different OS’s (Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra), and 4 different Sandbox accounts, one of which is brand new. I’ve made sure my Apple ID is logged out of the Mac App Store, iTunes, and iCloud. I’ve rebooted my Macs countless times. I’ve even gone so far as to install a “clean” version of Catalina on one of my Macs. Nothing seems to help.

I contacted Developer Support about this. Unfortunately they didn’t have any answers and suggested I post in the Forums or file a Tech Support request. So I figured I’d try the Forums first to see if anyone had any thoughts. Thanks!
It's a growing problem, see: https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/659171 & https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/659083.

You've added Mojave to the mix and more H/W – it pretty much has to be Apple's end is borked.

We've a DTS request since yesterday and are waiting...
Thanks for the response @Rhetenor. I thought I was going insane:-)
Please file a bug report about this issue using the Feedback Assistant.
Now officially filed:) FB8620533
Six months ago and you haven't solved the problem? Apple DTS can't help you? Help!

Hi. I am facing the same issue and have filed a radar. Is there a temporary workaround until the issue is fixed in the backend?

_MASReceipt data won't download when testing with Sandbox users

Q