Xcode 12.3 is not Responding a few seconds after Opening it

I updated to Xcode 12.3 on my MacBook Pro 2018 13" yesterday and face a strange Issue now.

Problem: Every Time I open Xcode, it will first work fine. However, after a few Actions / Seconds, the Screen is freezing and the Circle Loading Indicator is displayed. The App is not responding anymore and I have to force close it.

More Information:
  • The Freezing is Xcode specific. I can use all other Programs while Xcode is frozen and the Circle is spinning. It doesn't seem like a Ressource Problem

• This not only happens with existing Projects, I created a new one and encountered the same Problem

• I alredy reinstalled Xcode, does not solve the Problem

• I already deleted the ~/Library/Developer Folder *(like a few other posts recommended)* and Installed the Components on Xcode Start again. Still the same Problem.

Has anyone an Idea on how to solve this Problem?

Thanks for your help.

Accepted Reply

I experience the same thing too.
Turns out the problem is wireless debugging.
Go to devices and disable Connect via network solves the problem.

Happy Coding!

Replies

This started happening to me in Xcode 12.4. I found that if I disconnected my devices the problem went away. Not a solution but a decent workaround.
Hi i have found there is a Malware in xcode projects that is XCSSET that causing many issue to mac and xcode project you can see a question for this issue solution check this : https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/651012