Xcode unsupported iOS version after beta update 14.5 error 18e5140k

Hello everyone,
after I've updated my iPhone to iOS beta version 14.5 , Xcode cannot run my app.
My Xcode is updated to the last versione because the Xcode beta versione isn't suitable for my MacBook Air 2012 with Catalina.
Can you help me?
  • Hello all, I need to create various environments for each ios version between ios version 12 and ios version 15. Please tell me how, I need a solution. Thanks

Add a Comment

Replies

I just upgraded to Big Sur and reinstalled the latest version of XCode. This solved the issue for me.

• We don't all want to upgrade. Many of us would stay on Mojave for awhile... a lot like how users stayed on Win95/98 for many years and in fact they are still used in some poorer countries. I saw several Win98 computers running in an orphanage library in Angola just 2 or 3 years ago. Mojave is my Win95. :D

Add a Comment

14.6 not supported in XCode 12.4, this has severe impacts into my teams development schedule + QA cycle. Apple please provide us with a 14.6 OS Support bundle to add to our XCode Apps. This should be something you guys make sure is good to go before deploying a new IDE version like this, especially when you lock the ability to depreciate your own OS version (ie I would roll my iPhone back to 14.4 if I could to test my app in dev)

• This is one of the most amateur mistakes I've seen from Apple... and they've made a lot of amateurish mistakes!

Add a Comment

Do better Apple

I had the same problem: "Xcode doesn’t support iOS 14.6 (18F72)." My Xcode supported only up to 14.4. My solution was:

1. Applications >> Xcode >> Right Click >> Show Package Contents >> Contents >> Developer >> Platforms >> iPhoneOS.platform >> DeviceSupport (https://medium.com/macoclock/how-to-add-device-support-files-to-xcode-ce4ca5965092).

2. Download 14.5 from https://github.com/iGhibli/iOS-DeviceSupport/tree/master/DeviceSupport

3. Create the folder 14.6 and add the files iOS 14.5 "DeveloperDiskImage.dmg" and "DeveloperDiskImage.dmg.signature" .

4. Restart Xcode.

• Works perfectly on Catalina/XCode 12.4 with iOS 14.6

• Not working for me on XCode 12.4 and iOS 14.6, I get "Errors were encountered while preparing your device for..." Tried cleaning the build folder and restarting everything involved. This is a real nightmare, I have bugs I need to test fixes for.

• CORRECTION!: It worked! The iPhone with iOS 14.6 is no longer "(unsupported OS version)" in my Xcode 12.4 on my Catalina MacBook 2012.

Is there anyone who can run iOS 14.7 on Xcode to check an app made with unity? On the GitHub url shared with a user above, there's no file for iOS 14.7. Because Apple asks me to run an app with a ios14.7 device before app publishment, would somebody gives me how to address this problem??

Hi,

I had the problem, in my case for version 14.7. And my surprise is that it was not available on GitHub,

I managed to fix the problem by doing this:

• Search and Download the required version of required os, or like in my case the closest available version of required os from GitHub in my case it was 14.6.

• Add downloaded iOS version (14.6) to the device support file inside the Xcode app in path contents/Developer/platform/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport (if you found the required version of the OS, the solution ends here).

• Try using iOS 14.6 device support files, just name it "14.7".

I was able to run on iOS 14.7 using iOS 14.6 device support files on Xcode 12.4.

ty

This trick didn't work on Xcode 12.5.1

I have looked all over for

contents/Developer/platform/iPhoneOS.platform/DeviceSupport

but I just cannot find it on my Macbook. Is there some trick I am missing ?

Thanks

Update - Found it. Right Click on the xcode.app and select View Package Contents.