InHouse app need to be updated in iOS 15 beta

After upgrading to iOS 15, my company's InHouse app can't open with prompt that "App Name Need to Be Updated. The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of iOS."

Why is it occurred and how can I solve this issue?

• I also have the same issue ? is the enterprise app will works in beta ios version 15?

Any solutions?

• I also have the same issue - has anybody open a FB request to Apple?

• I have opened a FB ticket, but it’s still open with no resolution yet.

Replies

Your company's dev team will need to download the Xcode 13 beta and rebuild the app to support iOS 15.

• This isn't universally true - some of our in-house apps are working just fine - but one isn't.

Add a Comment

Really? This is not a bug ? so in-house apps built for and targeting iOS 14 won't run without being built with Xcode 13?

our enterprise app can't install via xcode.

"Can't install ***", no clue why.

I have the very same problem with some of my apps using a standard developer account. So this is not limited to enterprise accounts and apps. But this is not the same for all apps and all platforms.

All of my Apps fail to run with this error on my iPad Air 2 if these were installed under iOS 14 directly from XCode. Some will even fail if I install the AppStore or TestFlight version of the App, but some will actually work when installed from the AppStore or TestFlight. I do not see any pattern here, why some do work and some don’t (when coming from the AppStore).

And more strange: there are even Apps which fail when installed from the AppStore on the iPad, but does work without any issue on my iPhone (6s plus). So iPadOS 15 behaves differently than iOS 15.

Hopefully this is considered as bug and will be addressed by Apple in the next beta releases. At least the App releases from the AppStore should still run under iOS 15.

small addition to my post: after some more testing it turned out that the issue with the apps installed from the AppStore were caused by the AppStore failing to install the App or update properly. Even though the App appears on the homescreen and got a blue dot which indicates a new or updated App, the App was not installed properly and seems to be damaged. Deleting the App and installing from scratch again solved the issue (of course this is still bad because deleting an App will also delete its (user) data).

So the only remaining issue is that apps installed from Xcode before the iOS 15 release can fail to run.

We have the same problem, we can't open any of our enterprise apps. There is a message in the console about outdated, unsupported signature.

This is due to a change to the signature format in 14.2 which is probably mandatory in 15.

The apps need to be resigned with the new signature format.

See this documentation article: Using the Latest Code Signature Format

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of slzh Down vote reply of slzh

It's not that, my app have a CodeDirectory v=20400 as stated by the documentation it should be okay, and this is still nor working.

We also checked it's CodeDirectory v=20400 , however we don't even know what's the latest way to sign using latest version.

We tried BigSur and Monteray, both sign off app with version 20400.

Not sure how to get it start with v 20500?

I've renewed my provisioning profiles and now it's working FYI.

• Thanks for confirming this fixes it!

• In the end, it didn't work creating new provisioning profiles and building on Catalina. Apparently building it on Big Sur or later makes it work.

• Thats strange, I built it on Big Sur but it didn’t fix it. Any suggestions?

We also have this problem and have investigated the error. Unfortunately, the check of the codesigning version has revealed nothing. All the apps we checked have v=20400 some of them worked others didn't but then we came across an app that worked in one version and not in another. There we took a closer look at the two builds. The version that didn't work was built on a buildserver with mac os catalina. The app that worked was built on a buildserver with mac os big sur 11.4

so far, all the apps we have built on the big sur server have worked and the ones on the catalina server have not...

We can't install it too. With Xcode Beta, macOS 11.4 and updated provisioning profile. Still same error.

Still having this issue on iOS 15 beta2. I guess that an AdHoc *.ipa built with Xcode 12.4 is NG, but one built with Xcode 12.5 seems to be OK. Can anyone double-check?

• Just tried switching from XCode 12.4 to XCode 12.5 on our Bitrise and everything is working Don't know why though

• In Bitrise, XCode 12.4 is associated with macOS Catalina where as XCode 12.5 associated with BigSur

Add a Comment

Generate the build using Mac OS Big Sur with Xcode 12.4/Xcode 12.5.1

Working after generating IPA build by using MAC OS Big Sur. We have generated IPA with Xcode 12.0.1 versions in Big Sur machine, now app is loading in iOS 15 beta devices.

Experiment: We have tried the same approach Xcode 12.0.1 version in Mac OS Catalina, app is not loading in iOS 15 beta devices. Note: We did not renewed our provisioning profile. We have used the exiting provisioning profile generated 8 months ago.

Same issue here with a macosx 10.15 and XCode 12.5.1 on latest iOS15 beta. How do you think, we can fix enterprise builds now?