StoreKit 2 not available on current apps?

Hello, I am making a subscription for my app.

I want to use StoreKit 2 but I was looking at the documentation and it says "Use the original API for existing and legacy apps.".

Does this mean my "existing" app I have been developing our subscription for can not make use of StoreKit 2?

Accepted Reply

StoreKit 2 is available in iOS 15. If your app targets only iOS 15 you can safely use StoreKit 2. If your app supports earlier than iOS 15 it's best to use the original StoreKit API.

• To add to this, you can make use of Swift Availability Conditions to conditionally use iOS 15 APIs even if your app supports users on older OS versions. This way, you can use new StoreKit 2 features to deliver better experiences for your users who are running iOS 15. Purchases made with the original StoreKit API will still be accessible through the new StoreKit 2 transaction and renewal info APIs.

• I read StoreKit2 can not fetch and validate receipts for volume purchases made by users before, is that correct?

Add a Comment

Replies

StoreKit 2 is available in iOS 15. If your app targets only iOS 15 you can safely use StoreKit 2. If your app supports earlier than iOS 15 it's best to use the original StoreKit API.

• To add to this, you can make use of Swift Availability Conditions to conditionally use iOS 15 APIs even if your app supports users on older OS versions. This way, you can use new StoreKit 2 features to deliver better experiences for your users who are running iOS 15. Purchases made with the original StoreKit API will still be accessible through the new StoreKit 2 transaction and renewal info APIs.

• I read StoreKit2 can not fetch and validate receipts for volume purchases made by users before, is that correct?

Add a Comment