USB hub failing under Monterey

Anyone seeing trouble with external USB hubs after installing the Monterey developer beta?

I have an ikling FX-1940E hub that I've been using with my M1 MacBook Air. Everything worked fine under Big Sur, and still does on another machine still running Big Sur, but I can't connect a trackball or keyboard via the hub's USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports to the Air since installing Monterey. The hub's VGA port still works on Monterey; I haven't been able to test the other ports yet. Also, a different hub (with fewer ports, so it can't simply replace the ikling) does work.

I've reported the issue to Apple using the feedback assistant. Any suggestions for anything else I can do at my end?

Problem still persists, the monitor appears in the screen settings after 8 seconds, says it was disconnected. I believe that Apple developers should only use iMac to not solve this problem of hubs for external monitors, if they used that and were with the same problem it would come out in the first fix. Problem still persists in 12.1 beta 4 (21C5045a)

Good news, for my Philips 346P1CRH/00 Monterey 12.1 Beta 4 looks solve the issue.

I have tested with M1 Pro Macbook Pro 14" and M1 Macbook Pro 13" both are works.

Any body else?

I have the issue using external USB DVD r/w with INTEL Mac also after upgrading to macOS Monterey and still with 12.0.1. (Worked for BigSur)

I'm also usb sound card not work with the hub but work with adaptor usbA to usbC don't know why....... come on apple.... T_T

December 6th - updated my macbook pro M1 to Monterey 12.0.1 this morning and now my external monitor HDMI is not working nor is my USB hub!, Ive spoken with apple support and they couldnt help either. advised me to do a backup and re-install OSX. Not a happy chap. hours wasted!

5 months after the issue was created (In Beta) and there is not any real answer????!?!??!?!

After updating to Monterey 12.1 Beta 4 PD (Power Delivery) over USB-C is working again on my MacBook Pro 2018 using my Philips 346P1CRH!

Why doesn't my MacBook Pro 2021 turn on after I hook it to a usb hub. I do music and can't function without my external hard drives. Help........

We should tweet about that, its the only way to get a solution.

#fixMonterey lets tweet it

I have the same probleme after installing monterey, it's very boring...

FWIW I have a similar problem with my AUKey USB C hub model CB-C71. The symptom was that my keyboard (a fairly old wired USB Microsoft Natural Keyboard) and mouse (Logitech B100), both of which are connected via an ezcoo KVM swtch, were not recognized (or even powered).

Moving the KVM switch to a different USB port on the AUKey hub solved the problem for me (the one opposite of the USB-C power port). The other two USB ports on the hub don't seem to work for any peripheral I have.

Even after upgrading to the latest RC2, Dell D6000 dock, usb ports are still not working. Screen works fine, charging also.

same issue Macbook pro (13-inch, 2020 intel) and Philips monitor (Brilliance 346P1CRH/00) charging through usb-c was working with Big Sur and it stopped as soon as I upgraded to Monterey. Please fix this in the next patch, it's supper annoying

I can confirm that on Monterey 12.1 the issue is fixed.

I can also confirm. On my old hub (GreenCell AK50) the usb ports finally work again :)

So far I haven't found any new bugs, so I can recommend upgrading Monterey to version 12.1

I confirm, my 8 in 1 HTC hub started working again in monterey 12.1

Finally :)

Can confirm, Greencell AK50 works again 12.1 Monterey

I installed 12.0.1 and had loads of USB devices fail and so rolled back to Catalina. While it looks like 12.1 solves the problem for many people, I think I will delay upgrading until 12.2 or 12.3 because very clearly this major version is full of bugs.

My usb-c hub A15 by DUDAO (SSD/USB3/USB-C/HDMI) is not working well since I updated to Monterey last week. It means I can't plug all my external usb controllers for my DAW (Ableton Live 11) neither my Focusrite 2i2... Bravo Apple, please fix these problems. PS : I tried to downgrade to BigSur (I've got the Macbook M1 2020) but impossible.

After updating to Monterey 12.1 usb-hub is still not working. But at least my Mac stopped crashing when it goes to sleep mode with usb-hub plugged in.

not a single usb hub works, it feels like I bought myself not a macbook but a macbug m1. In general, what a joke to do such a jamb in the end rolled back to big sur!

I've had a laggy wireless usb mouse on my Mac mini since Monterey :(

My USB ports work but show connection speed as 480 Mb/s which is USB 2.0 standard, not 3.0.

Same with me . just upgraded to Monterey and my ST-Lab docking station stopped working can't see image on 2 additional screens that worked fine before upgrading. I am using the latest version 12.1

USB hub failing under Monterey

Q