USB hub failing under Monterey

Anyone seeing trouble with external USB hubs after installing the Monterey developer beta?

I have an ikling FX-1940E hub that I've been using with my M1 MacBook Air. Everything worked fine under Big Sur, and still does on another machine still running Big Sur, but I can't connect a trackball or keyboard via the hub's USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports to the Air since installing Monterey. The hub's VGA port still works on Monterey; I haven't been able to test the other ports yet. Also, a different hub (with fewer ports, so it can't simply replace the ikling) does work.

I've reported the issue to Apple using the feedback assistant. Any suggestions for anything else I can do at my end?

Apple USB-C->USB then Hama USB-A->USB-C then Green Cell USB-C hub

All USB ports work now, but HDMI doesn't.

From my tests it looks like only certified USB-C 3.1 Gen1 cables work properly.

From my tests it looks like only certified USB-C 3.1 Gen1 cables work properly on my MacBook Pro M1. Even Gen2 cables only run at USB 2.0 speeds.

Same issue here. Only the HDMI works on my hub, neither the USB-C or USB 3.0 port.

this seems to get fixed in beta 2 for me!!! so happy

I'm having the same issue! HMDI and charging work through my hub but none of the usb ports. Please fix this Apple!

I've got some coworkers in my office who are using same hardware as I do who do not experience this. Has anyone tried doing a recovery reinstall of Monteray to try to fix this?

Just upgraded to Monterey and the power adapter is not charging the battery. I've tried two Apple power adaptors that I know are working MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) with macOS Monterey 12.0.1

I've tried both system resets (SMC and NVRam) and also recovery mode.

Is there anything else I could try? Down to 22% power...

Upgraded to 12.1 Beta (21C5039b) and still the same issue. I have USB devices that don't work even with the  USB-C to USB adapter.

I also tried 12.1 beta 2 and had the same issue. I'm about to try Beta 3 and see if I get more luck.

There are still problems after upgrading to Monterey 12.1 beta 3.

Here on the macBook 15" 2019 (Intel) I can't use the CZUR ET18 scanner via USB: it gives error "device not found". Everything worked on BigSur. The driver is listed in the "system information" but the management program no longer sees it.

Same problem here, running Monterey 12.0 on a brand new MacBook Pro with Apple M1 Max chip, and the USB3.0 ports on my iKling 9-in-1 USB-C hub won't let me connect to my external hard drives.

i have two hub usb type C , one is the original coming from apple store (usb c -usb -hdmi ) and one coming from amazon (basic), both not working.

but is anyone working on it or are we sleeping? But do you realize that you are blocking people working? i can't connect my usb flash drive with data inside !!!!!

it was released from 25 days ago, what are we waiting for to fix? !!!!!!!!!!

M1 MacBook Air here, usually connect to an HP monitor via USB-C cable for power, video, USB hub, and camera. Since upgrading to Monterey 12.0.1 I'm having similar issues to what's reported here. The USB hub and camera are not detected at all. Video still works. Power delivery is hit-or-miss; sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. There's no real rhyme or reason to it. No issues before upgrading. No issues with my work 2019 MacBook Pro which is still running Big Sur 11.6.1.

Same thing here, I cant use my external hard disk anymore on my macbook pro... If somebody know the solution please let me know... thank you

Not able to use my M1 Macbook Pro for work! My setup:

• Macbook Pro M1 (Monterey 12.0.1)
  • USB-C dock (Dell D6000)
  • Blue Yeti Studio (USB)
  • Logitech Streamcam webcam (connected via USB with adapter)
  • USB headphones
  • 2 external monitors

External monitors are working ok, I just have some problems sometimes when Mac goes to sleep.

All USB peripherals ARE NOT WORKING!

In order to use all the usb devices daily I will have to go through the adventure of downgrading to BigSur or going back to a windows machine where basic things like USB devices work.

Upgraded to 12.0.1 from Catalina 10.15.7 on a 2020 Intel Macbook Pro 13 16GB, USB hubs aren't working, including my Lenovo thunderbolt 3 dock.

Since I rolled back to Catalina, I'm getting frequent USB drive disconnects and USB devices playing up more often. I suspect some firmware was updated also, and I still have something from that Monterey upgrade.

The fact that this thread is 5 months old shows how piss poor Apple can be. Imagine shipping a major version operating system with broken USB support, despite knowing about the problem for MONTHS.

It's USB. USB is broken. Why is this not being urgently fixed I do not understand. My machine is less than one year old.

My dockstation remains a useless brick. A few days ago it suddenly worked as before. But it was a mirage. My suspicions as to why multiple dockstations running MacOS Monterey have stopped working are directed towards the charging power of the USC-C port. My dockstation indicates that it is 60w. I am looking at other brands that indicate up to 90w.

Before installing MacOS Monterey my dockstation worked. Is MacOS Monterey less efficient managed power???

I have green cell hub, also doesn't work with new MacBook 14 pro.

Any tips which hubs works?

Same issue, though I just started new job and instantly updated everything to latest when unpacking new Macbook Pro 13 M1, 2020 , Monterery version 12.0.1 Power delivery PD doesn't work from my external display Philips PHL346E2C (model no: 346E2C model id: 346E2CUAE/00 ) over usb-c and I have to carry power adapter in my backpack and connect my laptop with two cables, one for display and one for power, this sucks, Apple please fix it. It worked one time but could not replicate it how to make it work again, though tried on different colleagues display model some Samsung and power delivery to macbook works with his display with my display's cable, so might be some issues with display models, brands, and OS software things. Hitting google with my own model keyword didn't returned any results, so broadened my searches with general keywords led me here.

Apple, What are you doing ? Soon 1 mounth without USB hub, please fix this error quickly. Some people can't work.

A Loyal User.

With my Mac green cell hub also doesn't work.

tldr; If you have macbook with Big Sur 11.5.2 or higher you would have issue with usb-c hubs and monitors. Monterey 12.1 beta also have this issue.

I have Philips 346P1CRH and Power Delivery issue is 8 months old for me. I tried couple of things but no luck.

I have M1 MBP(2020), I realize that issue on Big Sur(don't remember version) at march 2021. I thought it is an Apple silicon issue but I see that some intel users have similar things because of the version of MacOS.

I tried my M1 with 4 different USB-C cable and 1 Thunderbolt 3 cable but noting is changed. I tried my monitor with 2019 15" macbook which have Big Sur 11.5 and it worked as expected. Then I thought it is about my M1 macbook and got it to the Apple store. With an LG Monitor my M1 is charged with no issue. Everything was okay. So Apple stuff didn't do any thing.

Then I ordered new released 14" macbook pro which comes with Monterey and sadly it has also same issue with my monitor.

Here is my detailed issue: If I unplug and plug the usb-c cable while macbook is open PD is not working. But the other ports on monitor works like usb ports and also ethernet.

Workaround for now: Restart macbook while usb-c cable plugged. (shutdown and open won't work.)

What I tried also: After purchased 14" macbook, I tried to downgrade my old 13" m1 to Big Sur. I searched for installer but officially the oldest version that I found is 11.5.2. But it was not work also. My friend have M1 Macbook Air with Big Sur 11.2.3 and everything is okay with it.

Btw: I tried with Monterey 12.1 Beta but noting fixed :(( I thing we will wait a long time to fix.

My solution is using a 40cm type-c - type-c cable coming with Samsung T5 SSD.

The issue was - not working USB peripherals connected to MBP 16 M1 pro (Monterey 12.0.1) through the internal USB hub of the DELL U2520D monitor. The monitor connects with a single type-c - type-c cable to MacBook.

Connecting the monitor to MBP with that short type-c cable everything started to work: MacBook is charging from the monitor, USB hub is working, the monitor showing image correctly.

Anyway, that is a huge limitation that we need to have special cables to make this all work again. No such problems were with the same setup but MBP 15 2017 on Catalina and normal 1m long type-c cable between MBP and the monitor.

Hope this gets fixed soon.

Had the exact same issues as everyone here with a NOVOO usb-c hub (only hdmi worked, usb 3.0 ports and sd/msd ports didn't) and various single usb-c/usb-a adapters on a new Macbook Air M1 and a 2017 MacBook Pro, magically today everything started working again, at least for now.

USB hub failing under Monterey

Q