Volume Hash Mismatch

Hi,

I've installed Monterey Beta 1 .... and then did an OTA update to MR B2.

After the update to MR B2 ... I've started to get this "Volume Hash Mismatch" in my notification center ...

I've tried to reboot into Recovery, and do a "First Aid" an all volumes in my MacBook Air's ssd ...

But this message still re-appears.

Any idea why this happens? or a fix?

cheers, Daniel.

• Am experiencing this issue on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports). Applications crashing regularly. Did a clean install of MacOS Montery incl. re-formatting the disk about half year ago. Also NVRAM reset. Issue disappeared for a month or two but returned (though less crashes than initially till now). Currently running 12.2.1. My Windows machine at the office is more stable :-(

Add a Comment

Accepted Reply

[Update 2022-01-29]

macOS 12.2 seems to have a solution for this problem. I've done a complete clean re-install (with re-formating the entire drive).

I've run a 24hr Blackmagic Disk Speed Test, Safari open (the app that most usually made it trigger this issue). Without the issue.

Could more people try 12.2 too? and see if it solved their issue?

• 12.3.1 still does not solve this problem. Very “un-Apple” issue. Reminds me of Windows. Anyone solved this on 12.3.1?

• No , even on 12.4 beta2 the problem still exist.

• I have an MBP 16 2019. I took it to the genius bar they are not able to fix it and sent it to a repair centre. They replace my logic board and Touch ID. So it is more likely the hardware problem.

Replies

Hi, I own a Macbook pro 2019, i9, 2,3 Ghz This annoying pop up message still bother me since a while. Now I' m wondering if this issue is the consequence of some bootcamp partition. Maybe i should erase the entire disk, deeply and than reinstall the OS. I'm still hesitating because last time I've tried to make a clean install (but on the mac os partition, keeping bootcamp), i barely did it; the mac returned several times an error during the install...

30 year Mac tech here getting my A-- kicked by this issue on 2019 27inch. the imac will allow me to boot with tbt3 10.14.6 externally. It will not install Sonoma either externally on 2.5 SSD or an apple genuine blade. It will go to about 3/4 and stop and say there is a problem with the update. Oddly when the eula comes up it is blank?? never saw that before. This is an i5.

I attempted to create 2 500gig partitions on the " fusion " drive - of course the 1tb drive is the Seagate lowest bidder drive. I was thinking if there was an error on this drive that installing the OS on one of two partitions would allow me so save this iMac. No dice. same issue.

I read earlier in thread it could be a ram issue so I did swap the 2 8's for 2 4's, I also nuked the fusion drive by formatting for Exfat, this created 2 separate drives in Disk Utility. I have just started the Internet recovery install of sonoma on just the slow 1TB seagate drive to see if it will stick.

What is odd, I tried to install different OS's supported by this 2019 imac externally hoping to go around the internal drive(S) potential problem. I was unable to install any OS externally as it kept giving me bad installer or corrupted installer issues. This could be because the installers were saved/created over a year ago.

EVEN IF this does work on the 1tb seagate I am concerned about the " performance " of this iMac without he whopping 32 gig caching ssd bound to the SATA2 speeds of the seagate, by itself.

It just made it past the install and now writing to the Seagate. My issue is - was it the ram? or the corruption/failure of the SSD drive ? My issue is myself. I have to know. updates I hope very soon.

MMM