Volume Hash Mismatch

Hi,

I've installed Monterey Beta 1 .... and then did an OTA update to MR B2.

After the update to MR B2 ... I've started to get this "Volume Hash Mismatch" in my notification center ...

I've tried to reboot into Recovery, and do a "First Aid" an all volumes in my MacBook Air's ssd ...

But this message still re-appears.

Any idea why this happens? or a fix?

cheers, Daniel.

I've just had the same message pop up on the weekend - "Volume Hash Mismatch - Hash mismatch detected on volume disk1s5. macOS should be reinstalled on this device". I am running Monterey 12.4 on MacBook Pro (15 inch 2017) with 2.9GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB memory 2133 Mhz LPDDR3, Graphics - Radeon Pro 560 4GB Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB. I have not had any Mac crashes yet.

I have the same error, it just started and I landed here because of google. I did a complete reinstall a few weeks ago. This mac is a brand new install with reformatted hdd.

I had my Mpro 2018 15" Intel I7 32 GB Ram running like I always do and came home from a quick run and when I woke it up the message was there. So nothing I physically did to prompt this because before I left nothing happened, message appeared 3 hrs after I came back.

Also be careful what you say on these boards because Apple censors, deletes and bans users if you talk bad about the brand or say anything about their quality is bad.

Same error, did a diskcheck in repair mode. No problems found. The error DID scare me, it sounded severe, so I started googling and ended up here. But I'm not experiencing any other problems at the moment. Not sure what is going on, but my faith in Apple is dwindling the last years...

Monterey 12.4 on a MacBookPro12,1 Early 2015 - 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

This message has been disappeared since I manually set the Network MTU to 1280. Previously, I could’t install xcode, and Mac was unstable. But It is stable now. Try it and give us feedback.

Of course I don't know why it disappeared.

Just installed Ventura in iMac 2019 in November 2022. Still have problem. Apple, please fix this. Thank you

Keeping this thread alive since it's still an issue now in 2023.

This is causing major headache with my MacBook Pro 13 M1 16GB 2TB, Ventura 13.3.1.

Symptoms are:

• MacBook hang randomly when booting up
  • Volume Hash Mismatch message pop up randomly when using
  • Can't handle process that require any big file like downloading and installing XCode
  • App randomly crashing and restarting
  • Browser would randomly fail to load a page, requiring a force refresh to get content
  • Can't reinstall the OS since it will fail half way through (This apply to both download Ventura via Wifi, or using USB flash drive)

What I have tried:

• Disk Utility First Aid from Recovery Mode return no error
  • Apple Diagnostics return No issues found with reference Codes: ADP000
  • Disk utility to erase the whole SSD
  • Disk utility to partition SSD into smaller pieces
  • Reinstall via recovery but failed regardless how I partition SSD
  • Reinstall using a second MacBook with Apple Configurator and DFU mode
  • Down grade to Monterey
  • Reinstall latest Ventura
  • Sudo purge via terminal

Anyone else encounter similar issue? It will be nice to have a solution to this. Even if it means cutting away part of the SSD and or RAM. Thought?

Overall, it seems like there's no software fix to this issue for my MBP at this point.

Since warranty just expired, this leaves me with a very unstable machine which is just a couple year old.

Hi, I own a Macbook pro 2019, i9, 2,3 Ghz This annoying pop up message still bother me since a while. Now I' m wondering if this issue is the consequence of some bootcamp partition. Maybe i should erase the entire disk, deeply and than reinstall the OS. I'm still hesitating because last time I've tried to make a clean install (but on the mac os partition, keeping bootcamp), i barely did it; the mac returned several times an error during the install...

30 year Mac tech here getting my A-- kicked by this issue on 2019 27inch. the imac will allow me to boot with tbt3 10.14.6 externally. It will not install Sonoma either externally on 2.5 SSD or an apple genuine blade. It will go to about 3/4 and stop and say there is a problem with the update. Oddly when the eula comes up it is blank?? never saw that before. This is an i5.

I attempted to create 2 500gig partitions on the " fusion " drive - of course the 1tb drive is the Seagate lowest bidder drive. I was thinking if there was an error on this drive that installing the OS on one of two partitions would allow me so save this iMac. No dice. same issue.

I read earlier in thread it could be a ram issue so I did swap the 2 8's for 2 4's, I also nuked the fusion drive by formatting for Exfat, this created 2 separate drives in Disk Utility. I have just started the Internet recovery install of sonoma on just the slow 1TB seagate drive to see if it will stick.

What is odd, I tried to install different OS's supported by this 2019 imac externally hoping to go around the internal drive(S) potential problem. I was unable to install any OS externally as it kept giving me bad installer or corrupted installer issues. This could be because the installers were saved/created over a year ago.

EVEN IF this does work on the 1tb seagate I am concerned about the " performance " of this iMac without he whopping 32 gig caching ssd bound to the SATA2 speeds of the seagate, by itself.

It just made it past the install and now writing to the Seagate. My issue is - was it the ram? or the corruption/failure of the SSD drive ? My issue is myself. I have to know. updates I hope very soon.

MMM

Volume Hash Mismatch

Q