Outlook search not works in Monterey

I have a new MBP M1, with fresh Monterey. I moved my data with the assistant from the old MBP, I have all the letters in Outlook (v15.46), but search in Outlook not works, it gives a "No results found" message in all folders. Old methods for reindex Spotlight is not working (eg. add and remove Main Profile to Spotlight). How can I solve this problem? Thanks

Post marked as downvoted Up vote post of moroczi Down vote post of moroczi
68k views
  • Same issue on Mac Book Pro 14 on Monterey. Outlook shows no search results. Tried following steps:

Deleting/Adding exchange accountInstalling Outlook againAdding and removing Outlook Profile from Spotlight privacy tab per https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/troubleshoot/outlook-for-mac/useful-tools
  • Same issue here. I setup my new 16" MBP M1 Max using target mode a few weeks ago and it worked fine. Setup another user using the same method and his indexing didn't work. Had to set the machine up from scratch for it to start working properly. We both ran the update today and now we're getting "No results". I did all of the suggestions from Microsoft and none of them work.

• Im on the latest 12.1 Monterey and the latest version of Outlook V 16.56 (21121100) and my search has stopped working also as well as my smart folder which is supposed to show my flagged emails but now shows "No results"

Replies

It's a very simple fix which I found online (credit goes to someone else, not me)

System Preferences>Spotlight>Privacy>Click(+)>Select 'Macintosh HD' Click thru all the warnings Then Click(-) and remove Macintosh HD from Privacy list and restart your Mac. Re-indexing will begin and Search bar on outlook will throw up results as usual.

I have 14 MBP with Monterey. Here is how it worked for me- Went to /Users/(username)/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook folder. Outlook 15 Profiles folder had folder named as Com Profile. Renamed it to - Main Profile. Went to spotlight setting> Privacy. Dragged the Main Profile folder to it to add, after it was saved, removed it. Restarted Outlook, boom it worked

My search folder (Smart Folder) searching by categories was working last week, but is now failing as well. I'm on Monterrey 12.6 now, and I don't think that has changed since this folder was working last.

In my case (Ventura/Outlook 2016) the following fix did solve the issue:

Step 1) sudo mdutil -a -i off

sudo mdutil -a -i on

Step 2) Re-Index your HDD

1. Open System settings and select Siri and Spotlight.
  2. Scroll down and click the Spotlight Privacy.
  3. Click on Go - Computer.
  4. Drag the Macintosh HD to the Privacy tab and wait for some time.
  5. From the Privacy window, select the HD and then click the minus (-) button near the bottom left of the window.

Step 3) Enable && Disable "New Outlook" Feature

Step 4) Have fun with the search feature

Seems to be a new "New Outlook" feature :)

By the way, I tried a lot fixes including

mdimport -r "/Applications/Microsoft Outlook.app/Contents/Library/Spotlight/Microsoft Outlook Spotlight Importer.mdimporter" -d1 "/Users/my_user/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/Outlook/Outlook 15 Profiles"

no effect :)

• Thank you! Macbook 14 M1 Pro, Ventura 13.2, Outlook 16 (Microsoft 365). After restoring my mac from timemachine Outlook search stopped finding stuf. Tried everything MS suggests with no result. Steps 1 and 2 did it for me.

Add a Comment