Outlook search not works in Monterey

I have a new MBP M1, with fresh Monterey. I moved my data with the assistant from the old MBP, I have all the letters in Outlook (v15.46), but search in Outlook not works, it gives a "No results found" message in all folders. Old methods for reindex Spotlight is not working (eg. add and remove Main Profile to Spotlight). How can I solve this problem? Thanks

Running MBP 16'' M1 MAX with macOS Monterey 12.1 (21C52) and MS Outlook for Mac 16.56 (21121100).

Tried all the options including, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/outlook-for-mac-search-returns-no-results-and-task-items-are-not-displayed-cf6eb856-ed4f-54e9-3ef2-546046d87c7e but as some of the folks have mentioned here already, few Emails shows up in the Outlook search result during the re-index and the search result goes blank again after the re-index is finished.

Apparently, I can see the Emails being searched in the Spotlight search results but not in the Outlook search!! This is frustrating. Had no issues with my previous MBP and Outlook.

thank god!!! finally! new beta is solving it

I have the same issue and it's a major bug. I have found a temporary work around that might help! I have Parallels installed and Office running on the Windows instillation. In Outlook running on Windows, the search option works perfectly!! It used to be a problem running Parallels all the time, on my old Macbook Pro, but now my M1Pro chip doesn't break into a sweat. So now I leave Parallels in "coherence" mode and I just use the windows-based Outlook instead. Not good that I need to, but if it's vital this will save you loads of hassle....

MacOS Monterey version 12.1 MBpro 14 inch 2021 apple M1pro, migration from old Mac, outlook search not working. Done all possible solutions that are available, even instal/uninstall outlook - not working. frustration and anger that when I should work I just cannot in efficient way - that problem is so crucial that everyone that is thinking "customer-centric" should abandon their work on stupid add ons/ ribbons/avatars/ nice looking UI - and focus their work on making it happen - If this is Microsoft issue - it is their graveyard - I will just quit that crap and relay on other solution. It cost me already too much. Hope that solution is right around the corner.

IT WORKS AGAIN!! THANKS

I can confirm that Outlook Version 16.58 (22010406) resolves this issue.

16.58 beta didn't solve the issue, I have installed, restarted, now have outlook 16.58 and search is not working

Thank you all for your comments, finally MS has solve this issue with the new beta version. We are back in business!

I am running macOS Monterey version 12.1 and new beta outlook update 16.58 - and search is not working, so waiting for new MacOs version, hope will help

Keep in mind that using beta version you participate ms insider program with all consequences (reporting a lot of data to ms etc.) :(

Hi all, Monterey beta 12.2 ; just updated to Outlook 16.57 today (not beta, but preversion), so far so good, search is working again. I closed and reopened outlook around 20min after the update, and it still works so far.

Not sure if it helps, but I built my configuration from my 2019 MacBook Pro on a 2021 MacBook Pro and 2021 Mac mini (M1 chipset). Both new computers have the same version of Monterey. Outlook search was working on the 2019 MacBook with Monterey. Outlook search works on the mini and not on the 2021 MacBook Pro 14. I have tried everything in the forums and cannot get Outlook search to work on the 2021 MacBook Pro 14.

Seems to me the problem must be with the MacBook Pro 14? When I need to search outlook, I have to use the mini.

Problem solved! I downloaded beta version of Outlook 16.58.22010406 and it works. In Outlook: Tab ,,Help" Choose ,,Find update" Choose ,,Advanced settings" Choose ,,Beta chanel" and agree with Terms and conditions Program find new beta version and you will instal it After this you can return back to ,,Alfa chanel" and wait for next standard update.

Outlook search in "classic" mode is inherently broken.  Try toggling to the "New" mode to see if the search suddenly works for new messages.

At best, you can try to "re-index" Spotlight. There's many examples on the Internet for turn it on/off, deleting the Index cache and re-creating it, etc.

First check the status of Spotlight's indexing:

sudo mdutil -sav

If a particular volume is disabled, commonly /System/Volumes/Data, you can enable it with:

sudo mdutil -i on /System/Volumes/Data

Or you can just enable everything with:

sudo mdutil -ai on

Check the status again with the first command and let indexing complete, then see if your search works.

After reading the comments on this thread i changed my Microsoft office update Channel to Preview and tried updating again. This time i got an update to 16.57 for Outlook. It updated and the problem is resolved. Search is working perfect again.

I had the same issue after migrating to my new MBP M1 from a previous MBP core i9, both with macOS Monterey. I tried to reindex the Main Profile folder, it works during the indexation and nothing after. I tried to reindex the Macintosh HD disk with no more success. I moved to the new Outlook and it works fine, all my mails are correctly indexed.

Macbook pro 16" M1Max, updated to Outlook 16.58 with Monetery 12.0.1, Outlook search still outlook does not work. Any other recommendations?

GREAT ! it now works for me. Didn't work since I bought a Mac Pro 14" M1 / Monterey, updated to 12.1, and transfered my old data. Even with reindexing Spotlight... (Outlook was 16.56).

Works now with Outlook 16.57, coming from "Preview" Channel. So, the culprit was not Spotlight or Mac, but Outlook. No need to reboot. Just close/reopen Outlook, and the search bar works !

Thanks for all of you !

I have (/had) the same issue:

If I use the old interface in Outlook, no indexing past a certain date.

But using the "new Outlook" (interface) it seems to be searching all mails correclty and indexing as it should.

This seems to be a Microsoft problem. Now if only the new interface was as user friendly as the old...

"new Outlook" (interface) is definitely not a chance, since it is not supporting exchange server on prem.

I was having this problem for a long time. I installed the beta version today and the search is working. 16.58 (22010904) This version seems to be working for now. Check for updates for install and open beta channel from advanced...

Just got the M1 MB Air AND monterey 12.1 - cannot find anything - really annoying ! my dad has Big sur and that works fine ! so i guess it's apples problem.......

Please fix it fast, otherwise it's very difficult to work on the macbook..

PROBLEM SOLVED with the VERY LATEST Beta Channel version of Outlook 16.57 (V220.11101)

I just checked this worked

NB. I had to force a re-index of spotlight.

NB. This is the Classic NOT New Outlook

Are there really no options for fixing this yet? Search works in New Outlook, but New Outlook sucks. Hoping Microsoft/Apple start listening.

I Have the same issue (i'm using MBP M1 2020, with exchange account through MS outlook), first started from my outlook searchbox, it's really annoying and make my workflow disastrous, since i'm very relied in this particular feature. it happens once few years ago when i'm still in big sur. but the problem solved when i reindex with spotlight setting. But this time,, it happen again when i recently upgrade to Monterey 12.1 (Monterey 12.0.1 works fine with it).

I tried the same way with spotlight setting and it still showed no result. then i tried to fix through terminal with "sudo mdutil" command to reset the spotlight, and this is where it gets worst, now my spotlight can't search through my mac properly. My documents, apps, and photos still there, but the spotlight shows only things from the web, not in my mac.

This drives me crazy since i haven't find any fix on the web for this issue. Though i tried all the things i got from forums all over the web : spotlight reindex, using terminal, reinstall outlook, update to 16.57/ 16.58, i can't change to new outlook mode since i'm using exchange account.

Then i ran into conclusion that this is monterey's problem, not the outlook. since reindexing in the system itself got chaotic, not only in outlook. so i decided to downgrade my Mac to Big Sur. Backup my files with time machine, and then reinstall mac to Big Sur.

And IT FIXED! such a relief to got this function back again. if you have the same problem with me, just downgrade to Big Sur, and wait till this issue noticed by apple and hopefully they'll fixed it.

This is the following steps i do to downgrade safely to Big Sur :

1. Download Big Sur through app store : https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/macos-big-sur/id1526878132?mt=12
  2. Make a bootable drive (i'm using flashdisk USB) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQCp-rQlZuY
  3. Back up Mac using Time Machine (i'm using external HD) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6S8Al1WHdc&t=2s
  4. Boot to MacOS recovery, erase disk, and install macOS using bootable drive (Flashdisk USB in step 2) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae_Vm39dxrA&t=579s
  5. After installation finished, you'll enter the settings menu just like when you first bought a new mac. it will ask you if you want to use migration assistant, use this to recover your files, settings, apps, from time machine back up : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofiEykZWiwo&t=366s

hope this will help for you guys, until apple fixes this frustrating issue.

Outlook search not works in Monterey

Q