Sudden crash on launch from all TestFlight builds

We've been getting a crash on launch starting today from all processed builds from TestFlight.

An identical build we submitted the day before yesterday is crashing on launch too.

Specifically the issue is:

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Note:
EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
Termination Reason: DYLD 1 Library missing
Library not loaded: @rpath/libswift_concurrency.dylib
"/usr/lib/libswift_Concurrency.dylib' (no such file)
(terminated at launch; ignore backtrace)
(no such file)

We're pretty concerned and after aggressive testing we don't think we're the root cause.

• The same thing is happening to us today!!

The app runs fine under Xcode on an iPad connected by wire to my MacBook.

When we publish the app in TestFlight, it crashes immediately with the same missing library.

We were also getting an automated email after each distribution on TestFlight: ITMS-90863: Apple silicon Macs support issue - The app links with libraries that are not present on Mac:     @rpath/libswift_Concurrency.dylib

We were able to prevent these emails by navigating in AppStoreConnect to: App Store / Pricing and Availability / iPhone and iPad Apps on Apple Silicon Macs and un-checking "Make this app available"

• My solution below works for me. Hope it helps

Add a Comment

Apple Recommended

• Every new build of Xcode contains 100% reproducible bug/crash that affect the normal work of everyone involved in to the process... annoying...

• iOS 12 the issue still exists. How to prevent?

• To resolve issue in iOS 12, please TURN OFF Include bitcode for iOS content option when you upload build. then works normally.

Replies

Same issue. @zack1001 solution above worked for me at with Xcode 13.1.

Also seeing this with tvOS

Here's a thread on the Swift forums about this issue FYI: https://forums.swift.org/t/app-distributed-via-testflight-crashes-on-launch/53936/5

• Every new build of Xcode contains 100% reproducible bug/crash that affect the normal work of everyone involved in to the process... annoying...

• iOS 12 the issue still exists. How to prevent?

• To resolve issue in iOS 12, please TURN OFF Include bitcode for iOS content option when you upload build. then works normally.

From the release notes:

Apple Clang Compiler

Known Issues

Apps built with Xcode 13 or Xcode 13.1 that make use of Swift Concurrency features (such as async/await), deploy to iOS prior to 15, tvOS prior to 15, or watchOS prior to 8, and have bitcode enabled may crash at launch with an error reporting that the libswift_Concurrency.dylib library was not loaded. (86349088)

Workaround: Add -Wl,-weak-lswift_Concurrency -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib/swift to Other Linker Flags in the app’s build settings.

In iOS 12 have same issue.

We add  -Wl,-weak-lswift_Concurrency -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib/swift to Other Linker Flags in the app’s build settings and build using Xcode 13.2 (from developer site) but app crash on iOS 12.

If you have a same problem, please TURN OFF Include bitcode for iOS content option when you upload build. then works normally.

Don't think turn off bitcode is a great solution, we will lose benefits (e.g. app thinning)

Adding libswift_Concurrency.tbd did not work for me on Xcode 13.2 (not even RC). I was forced to go back to 13.1, which worked, and hope Apple can get it resolved soon.

I can't upload macOS app in AppStoreConnect. Every time error what "libswift_Concurrency.dylid"contain unsupported content

Xcode 13.2.1

I still have a crash on iOS12.5.5 related to libswift_Concurrency.tbd even using Xcode 13.2.1. So, I switched back to Xcode 13.1

I can't upload the app to appstoreconnect, and I keep getting this error. The application has been unable to update, very annoying. At present, I don't know how to solve this problem. Hope someone tells me.

Xcode 13.2.1 (13C100)

• I have the same Xcode version as you but it would only work if I deleted all libswift_Concurrency.* references from the linked libraries list (which we weren't using).

Add a Comment

We also had this problem and updating to Xcode 13.2.1 solved this issue.

From https://developer.apple.com/documentation/xcode-release-notes/xcode-13_2_1-release-notes

Resolved Issues

Fixed an issue where apps built with Xcode 13 or Xcode 13.1 sometimes crashed at launch with an error reporting that the libswift_Concurrency.dylib library was not loaded. This only affected apps that used Swift Concurrency features (such as async/await), deployed to iOS prior to 15, tvOS prior to 15, or watchOS prior to 8, and had bitcode enabled. (86349088)

Hope this helps

Xcode: 13.2.1, iPhone: 14.2 and 14.8 without "Debug executable" causes 100% crash. It's OK when I checked the "Debug executable".

I created new iOS project and added a button on ContentView and press the button.

Task("Hello, world!")
    .padding()
Button("Run task") {
    Task.init {
        print("run task")
    }
}

What about published apps? Our app is available from the app store. I installed it and it crashed instantly. So what should we do now? Should we resubmit with Xcode 13.2.1 or should we wait for Apple to resolve the issue? Any idea?

Thanks,

This is marked as resolved in Xcode 13.2.1, but still getting issue. I have disabled bitcode enabled to get rid of this issue until resolves.