Sudden crash on launch from all TestFlight builds

We've been getting a crash on launch starting today from all processed builds from TestFlight.

An identical build we submitted the day before yesterday is crashing on launch too.

Specifically the issue is:

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Note:
EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY
Termination Reason: DYLD 1 Library missing
Library not loaded: @rpath/libswift_concurrency.dylib
"/usr/lib/libswift_Concurrency.dylib' (no such file)
(terminated at launch; ignore backtrace)
(no such file)

We're pretty concerned and after aggressive testing we don't think we're the root cause.

• The same thing is happening to us today!!

The app runs fine under Xcode on an iPad connected by wire to my MacBook.

When we publish the app in TestFlight, it crashes immediately with the same missing library.

We were also getting an automated email after each distribution on TestFlight: ITMS-90863: Apple silicon Macs support issue - The app links with libraries that are not present on Mac:     @rpath/libswift_Concurrency.dylib

We were able to prevent these emails by navigating in AppStoreConnect to: App Store / Pricing and Availability / iPhone and iPad Apps on Apple Silicon Macs and un-checking "Make this app available"

• My solution below works for me. Hope it helps

Add a Comment

Apple Recommended

• Every new build of Xcode contains 100% reproducible bug/crash that affect the normal work of everyone involved in to the process... annoying...

• iOS 12 the issue still exists. How to prevent?

• To resolve issue in iOS 12, please TURN OFF Include bitcode for iOS content option when you upload build. then works normally.

Replies

Short answer - use Fastlane to distribute via Testflight. Long answer - We had an issue with the app on iOS 14.6. XCode Version 13.3 (13E113). When distributed via Fastlane to Firebase - the app works fine. Running the app from Xcode works fine too. But when we distributed via Testflight using Xcode - app crashes at launch. No crash logs. I tried including libswift_Concurrency.tbd, disabling bitcode etc. Nothing helped. Finally I tried fastlane and it works! So yeah I assume there is some bug in exporting from archive in Xcode.

Hi, I have the same symptoms: the app crashes immediately on all devices running iOS 14. I have tried everything recommended in this thread (disabling bitcode, adding libswift_Concurrency, adding "-Wl,-weak-lswift_Concurrency -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib/swift" to "other linker flags"...) but it still crashes.

• Answering my own question: this other thread https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/702028 has the same symptoms (sudden crash on iOS 14, but only when delivered via TestFlight or AppStore, not when running through Xcode).

Interestingly, the solution here is "disable bitcode", the solution there can be "enable bitcode" (or switch back to Xcode 13.1).

Add a Comment

XCODE 13.4 STILL THE SAME PROBLEM! Adding "-Wl,-weak-lswift_Concurrency -Wl,-rpath,/usr/lib/swift"  DIDN'T WORK ONLY DISABLE BITCOD works but it's not a good solution.

What's going on?