Xcode 13.2 update is stuck

I am trying to update XCode to 13.2 on Monterey. It's stuck at "Installing 7.49GB of 7.49GB" (been for a while...). I tried rebooting the mac and and the install is still stuck.

Reported issue on Feedback assistant (number FB9808696).

What can I do?

Previous version of XCode still runs ok.

Try to download from here instead of Appstore:

https://developer.apple.com/download/release/

Note: It is 10.75 GB and not 7.9.

I downloaded manually, as suggested. The manual install took a while too but went well. It did not help with the other ongoing install. Even after a reboot. I searched a bit and found suggestion deleting some ~/Library/Caches files may help. I deleted files in relation to store (app store). Rebooted. Launch Pad was showing an empty progress bar for a short while and then disappear. Now XCode shows as "GET" on the app store. But now, at least, installd is not eating up 120% CPU... thanks.

Update through App Store has become very slow. On my M1 with OS 12.1, it is still stuck at 971 out of 1000 tasks. It is now 10 hours and counting.

Yes, it's weird. On my M1 Pro, I have installd using about 75% of a CPU, and 1h 10min of CPU time accumulated. In Console I can see App Store is reporting 932 / 1000. My two efficiency cores are running at about 75% each, and hardly any activity on my eight performance cores.

Check this out: https://github.com/RobotsAndPencils/xcodes

Downloaded and installed in 1 hr! On an M1 Mac Mini ;-)

Doh! and just now 13.2.1

Check this out: https://github.com/RobotsAndPencils/xcodes

Downloaded and installed in 1 hr! On an M1 Mac Mini ;-)

Doh! and just now 13.2.1

You might find that over several hours the bar increases. If you check activity monitor for disk io, you'll likely see there's a lot of ever-increasing reads / writes for installd. If so, then it's just taking a long time to install. Keep your Mac on and be patient.

Boot into Safe Mode (on Apple Silicon; shutdown, keep power button pressed until it tells you its loading safe mode) before doing the xcode update. It resolves the variety of issues being reported.
The install itself can take 10-20min on top of the download time.

Same problem.

I was trying to install Xcode from the App Store. I somewhat managed to download the app but got stuck on the installation process. I have tried everything I could think of like resetting/restarting my device, stopping/cancelling and re-downloading the App (but this resulted in starting the download from 0, each time.)

The same issue with Xcode 13.2.1 on M1 Macbook Pro. Console says repeatedly

ASDAppQuery.resultsDidChange 497799835: <NSProgress: 0x122f3fb10> : Parent: 0x0 (portion: 0) / Fraction completed: 0.9990 / Completed: 999 of 1000

UPD: Cancelled installation, now it says "Open" and seems to work fine

Tried installing from app store. Mac Pro M1 Stops at: ASDAppQuery.resultsDidChange 497799835: <NSProgress: 0x600002bd6940> : Parent: 0x0 (portion: 0) / Fraction completed: 0.9990 / Completed: 999 of 1000

Any updates?

I waited 6 hours for download and have been waiting for 1 hour to finish installation. Device macbook air m1, Monterey 12.1

ASDAppQuery.resultsDidChange 497799835: <NSProgress: 0x600002059a40> : Parent: 0x0 (portion: 0) / Fraction completed: 0.9990 / Completed: 999 of 1000

Hi all,

I am having the same issue on my new Macbook Pro M1 Max - It stucks on the 99%

There's something that I can do?

Im also facing this issue,

in my case 40Gb of data has been added to my System Data (Ive tried twice to download the Xcode)

Im also using the 12.1 Monterey version

If anyone knows what I should do in order to free up this data would be great, (clearing cache in library won't do it) I shall try to boot in safe mode and check my options.

I just experienced this on my 13" 2020 Macbook Pro M1. When looking at launchpad it showed Xcode installing at 12.58gb of 12.58gb. However in the applications folder I could see 2 xcode icons. One was normal and the other still had the progress bar on it. I was able to launch the normal icon, and as soon as I did the console finally showed something other than the 999 of 1000 message, and then quickly went to 1000 of 1000 and showed install complete. Maybe I waited enough hours for it to finish at the exact same time, or maybe that second xcode icon had something to do with it....

I have the same issue as well. Brand new MacBook Pro:

Will someone from Apple answer here?! Am I to throw this $3.5k laptop in the trash?

Same issue here aswell. Brand new Macbook Pro 2021 M1 Max. It downloaded, and after that the loading is just stuck spinning.

A billionaire company with an extremely worst app ever. 2 days for download & install 12.58 GB and never ending.

Same here, MBP M1 2020, macOS 12.2 (21D49), struggling with this problem for the entire day, Mac had panicked three times (!) on the way likely due to high pressure on the file system (I was actively using the Mac). I see progress in Console:

8:23PM

ASDAppQuery.resultsDidChange 497799835: <NSProgress: 0x600003712b20> : Parent: 0x0 (portion: 0) / Fraction completed: 0.8030 / Completed: 803 of 1000

8:33PM

ASDAppQuery.resultsDidChange 497799835: <NSProgress: 0x600003712b20> : Parent: 0x0 (portion: 0) / Fraction completed: 0.8310 / Completed: 831 of 1000

So, 10 fractions in 10 minutes. Probably, better leave the Mac be until it finishes this process.

I had the same problem that Xcode got stuck on the installation after trying to download it via the App Store. I solved it like this:

1. Open Activity Monitor, search for appstoreagent and stop/quit the process (by selecting it and clicking the symbol with the X in the windows top bar)
  2. The Xcode Icon in the Launchpad should have changed now from Installation to Waiting.
  3. Long press the Xcode Icon and press the X to delete it. Nothing will actually happen so I am not fully sure if this step is actually needed, but just to be sure I wanted to mention it.
  4. Restart your MacBook.
  5. Xcode should not be shown anymore in the Launchpad.
  6. Download the needed Xcode version here
  7. Extract the zip and move it into your application folder. Replace the existing Xcode if needed.

Hope this helps!

I was having the same problem. I uninstalled the current Xcode, reinstalled again and I got the same result.

This time I decided to let the installation run all night and I went to sleep. Next day, installation was completed.

My App Store update to Xcode 13.3 was appearing to be stuck today until I noticed that XclamXAV was also very busy. Install completed once I disabled background anti-virus processes. This is obvious to 99+% of you, and I should have known myself, but it is easy forget sometimes.

The same thing is happening to me on a fast iMac with lots of RAM for Xcode 13.3.

It's just slow. It took well over an hour, but it did finally finish.

Jesus christ

Xcode 13.2 update is stuck

Q