Apple Review is Rejecting app for have tracking in privacy.

Some apps have been rejected because they have user tracking in privacy, but the new version of the app no longer has tracking function. When I try to remove user tracking from privacy, the following message appears

"Your app contains NSUserTrackingUsageDescription, indicating that you will request permission to track users. To update this information on your app's product page, you must indicate which data types are tracking users. If this is incorrect, update your app binary and upload a new build to App Store Connect."

We no longer has the NSUserTrackingUsageDescription on binary/build. I've already sent several resources to apple informing the situation but they keep rejecting with the same message:

"The app privacy information you provided in App Store Connect indicates you collect data in order to track the user, including Physical Address. However, you do not use App Tracking Transparency to request the user's permission before tracking their activity."

I am not able to update my app. Has anyone been through this situation?

Thanks.

Answered by SidiBecker in 716314022

Update: I was re-sending to review after send an appeal. Last time, I send an appeal and wait for a response, and my apps was approved in review.

Thank you for this information, we noticed that you have responded in App Store Connect for your app. We will proceed with the review process and let you know if there are any further issues as soon as possible.

Accepted Answer

Update: I was re-sending to review after send an appeal. Last time, I send an appeal and wait for a response, and my apps was approved in review.

I had exactly the same issue. I may not update my App and i may not change my privacy settings. But i don´t have, and never had, the NSUserTrackingUsageDescription identifier in my app binary.

I've been experiencing a similar issue where I resolve the issue and the App Team seems too lazy to recheck and they just instantly reject and point me to the same resources. I don't know what to do.

Same problem! I think the problem is that the privacy information in App Store Connect is respond for app in sale, not the app in review.

Apple Review is Rejecting app for have tracking in privacy.

Q