iOS 16.0 No Live Photo or live Wallpaper on Lock Screen

in ios 16, branded live wallpapers and special ones for the iphone xs max model have completely disappeared, which is very sad, I hope that Apple developers will return live wallpapers from live photo and exclusive for that model live wallpapers and that I have already tried to put several live photos as wallpaper, but they are just like a static picture and more than one tip from apple care support did not help

Does apple have any plans on giving back live wallpaper? I just bought this iphone 14 pro max and the only thing I wanted right now is a live wallpaper and I cant even have that makes me feel like I should have just stayed with android

not only do we want Live Photos back, I WANT VIDEOS on wallpaper!! I know Samsung has this “effect” on their phone wallpapers, so I might just swap to android 🥲

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.

I despise what you have done with the wallpaper features. DESPISE. Fix. It. Please. Now.

as a side gig I make wallpapers for people. Mainly one thing I do is animate characters into Live Photos for wallpapers and now my side thing is ruined cause Apple wanted us to use their specific wallpapers. We want things we love on my Home Screen not clouds and colors. Plus being able to see my cat that passed away in a Live Photo was all that kept me going sometimes and now that’s gone too

Same would love live wallpapers to return!

Apple, pls bring back the Live Photo Lock Screen to iOS 16.

I was so sad to realise i couldnt animate my lockscreen anymore when i had set up my iPhone 14 Pro, and it didnt animate. I was so excited to see my little spiderman falling while i was pressing the screen.😞 Like so many others on this thread are saying, please bring this feature back! To be honest i dont see why we still cant have a fully animated background on iPhone in 2022 almost 2023?! Sure it would drain alot of battery, and if thats the case even when the screen is black then why not make it possible to idk maybe tripple press the lockscreen and then the background would keep animating and then do the same command to make it stop. Anyways its really lame you removed the possibility to animate the lockscreen. 🫠

Hi there,

You might have better luck asking this question over in Apple Support Communities run by Apple Support.

I now realize after four years of having this same lock screen photo that just seeing it triggered the "Happy" thoughts and neurons that linked to all the times I watched the video or showed it to friends -- every day, all the time, without actually watching it.

I'll still keep it the same - there's no better photo I want to see regularly, and I still play it in my head - but now I notice there's this new message firing of something like "Apple broke sad" when I pick up my phone and see the still image.

It's funny how the mind works.

Hi there,

Please, Please, Please, bring it back, I can't return my cat, but I was able to see the best moment with her on my live wallpaper and now it's GONE!!!

Hi there,

What is wrong wt developers??? Why u guys just ignore us? Its no so hard giv us livewallpaper function… Well…tired of “best phone ever”

Live Photo on Lock Screen have so many cute funny moments. We would take a selfie together and make silly faces so then the Live Photo in the lock screen would let us revisit them. Please, Apple! Can’t two fingers long press activate live? Come on. Bring it back!!!😔🙏🏻

I have an autistic son, who has caused us a lot of concerns. One of the little things that makes me feel better is a live photo that I used on the lock screen and when I activated it, I saw my son giving a beautiful smile. We have completely different days, a whirlwind of emotions every day, and the live photo was what made me better on bad days. I loved seeing my son giving that beautiful smile on the lock screen! And today I found out that the feature has been removed. I'm going to Downgrade, even if it costs me to be vulnerable on an old system.

I recently downloaded the iOS 16 update, and I was devastated to find out that there are no longer any live photos. It took me a while to figure out how to get my live wallpaper set, and it’s always been a way to show my art. For 2 years, I have not changed it, and I wasn’t planning on changing it.

I like this option where we can add different wallpaper on the lock screen and home screen, but I would still like to be able to use live wallpaper. I would also like if we could choose to add sound to our live wallpaper. Because my art has music in it as well.

If there’s any way to incorporate live wallpaper back, please make that possible. 🥺

The livephoto of my kids on the lockscreen cheers me up.

Please, Apple UX PO, put livephoto back on the lockscreen.

Bring back live photo support on the lock screen. Listen to your customers.

same i want my live photo backkkkk :’(

This is super upsetting. I had the cutest live photo of my daughter that would cheer me up. Now its just a picture.

Hi there,

I was upset about the live photo not working and my wife asked me what was wrong. I told her and she held up her Samsung phone and said “Like this? ” Her Lock Screen automatically plays without her holding it down. I thought apple was supposed to be the best. I still can’t see the seconds of the time on my lock screen which a huge pain. I’m about to flip to something else and I’ve always had an iPhone … This is bull****

Live wallpapers are not dead, still. You have new animations when you unlock(swipe up) and new animations for turning on.

Please bring Live Photo wallpaper back

iOS 16.0 No Live Photo or live Wallpaper on Lock Screen

Q