Not receiving Refund notification from app store server api

Hi,

I am creating an app which provides in-app purchases to users, currently I am in testing phase of the purchase functionality and facing an issue regarding refunds. On upgrading a product that I am subscribed to (all products are auto-renewable subscriptions), I am receiving the UPGRADE notification type but I haven't yet received a REFUND notification type as the documentation suggests.

I am using app store server-to-server Notifications 2.0+ with node.js as backend, I am receiving all the types of notifications just not the REFUND notification type.

Replies

Thank you for reaching out. One of the improvements from version 1 to version 2 notifications is that we work to only send one notification per event. In this case, the UPGRADE notification always implies a refund of the previous product, and so an individual refund notification is not needed.

The data received with UPGRADE notification type does not contain any indication how much data was refunded. On documentation you have mentioned that on UPGRADE event "the user receives a prorated refund for the unused portion of the previous period". So how can I get the data for refund that was processed, because I called the refund history api but it returned an empty array.

I am also facing same issue. Please let us know how to test this I am using v2 Server to server notification.

Any updates here?