App cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

Submit my app to Mac App Store. workflow:

• Sign with cert: Developer ID Application ---> Success
  • Notarize ---> Success
  • Sign with cert: 3rd Party Mac Developer Application ---> Success
  • productbuild with cert: 3rd Party Mac Developer Installer, and get .pkg artifact---> Success
  • Transporter upload ---> Success
  • TestFlight notify, and app update to the latest version ---> Success
  • Click open, and then the ERROR comes like the screenshot photo

So I'm confusing which step's wrong. And I believe my account certificates, profiles are all configured with no problem.

Anybody have any clues? I've been here for many days.

Replies

One more thing is wired is that I noticed there's a dot at the beginning of app name.

One more thing is wired is that I noticed there's a dot at the beginning of app name.

Is that the app’s bundle ID? It doesn’t look like it, because it also has what looks like Base64 goo at the end.

Is this an Electron app?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Yes, it's an electron app. I don't know how the name string generated, cause I cannot find anywhere in my bundle artifact, including info.plist. Any idea?

And another question, is my workflow correct? Or all of these steps are necessary?

Sign app with cert: Developer ID ApplicationNotarize appSign app with cert: 3rd Party Mac Developer Applicationproductbuild with cert: 3rd Party Mac Developer Installer, and get .pkg artifactNotarize .pkg installer and upload
  • Yeah, it's electron. But I don't know where the hash string in bundle id coming from.

I checked the contents of pkg file uploaded, everything seems correct. And inside PackageInfo: <bundle path="./flashpixel.app" id="com.webinfra.flashpixel" CFBundleShortVersionString="1.3.25" CFBundleVersion="1.3.25"/> <bundle-version> <bundle id="com.webinfra.flashpixel"/> </bundle-version>

• I think it's TestFlight. @eskimo

TestFlight downloaded the version and installed it automaticlly. so somehow append some hash string to identify different versions.

Add a Comment

Did you ever solve this? I have the same issue with an Electron app

[Sadly, walkthunder replied in the comments and thus I didn’t see their replies )-: See Quinn’s Top Ten DevForums Tips for a bunch of hints and tips, including a warning about this issue.]

So, yeah, this is a well-known issue with Electron apps. I’m not an Electron expert but my understanding is that you can fix it by tweaking the way you package your native code. See this post.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"