Xcode 15.0 Release doesn't connect at all iOS 17

Hello, I've been using Xcode 4.3.1 and 15 Beta with my iOS 16.5 and 16.6.1 and no issues occurred.

Yesterday, I got a prompt of Xcode 15.0 Release and I put my Xcode on upgrade, at the same time I noticed that iOS also says that 17.0 is available. I upgraded both.

Now my device is not detected on Xcode, it keeps saying Waiting to connect to XXXX iPhone.

Also says, Previous preparation error: The tunnel connection failed while the system tried to connect to the device. I am using the same WIFI on MAC that i am using on Iphone.

A temporary not so much feasible workaround that i found is:

1. Unpair phone
  2. Disable WIFI put phone on LTE/Mobile Data
  3. Connect via usb cable and MAC detects it and connects to it
  4. But now it only works in Xcode and Android studio installs app but can't run/debug it giving error that run it in Xcode.
  5. As soon as wifi is on, phone gets dc from Xcode as well, (even if USB is connected)

Important*: Connect via network checkbox is gryed out and is checked forever.

What i tried till now:

1. Install all types of Xcode, 14.3.1 (says missing string install an updated version of xcode, but it detects device in all modes just gives this error and doesn't let build anything)

2. Reset Xcode to default/ Delete dereived data/Delete all folders that are crucial in that ~/Library/.../xcode folder i.e. Archieves/products/device suport

3. Netstat/kill usb/kill usbmuxd and what not

4. Put phone on hotspot, connect mac on hotspot try debug (fails)

So, tried everything available on internet and yet still my real device on iOS 17 is not ready so that i can debug in Android studio, while in Xcode on same wifi even with USB cable it doesn't work.

Any suggestions??

• I was having the same problem, for me the fix was to enable Developer Mode on the iPhone.

While making the change, I had my iPhone connected to the Mac using USB cable, not sure if that is required though. On the iPhone change dev mode. Settings --> Privacy & Security --> Developer Mode = ON

The iPhone had to go through a restart, as soon as it restarted Xcode found the iPhone is sync'd and all seemed to work OK.

• This solved it for me. Developer Mode was off on my new iPhone. The phone I had migrated from was running iOS 15, which predates the Developer Mode setting.

• I also had this problem, and I had Developer Mode turned on. But after upgrading to iOS 17 my phone wouldn't connect to XCode 15.0.1. I turned off Developer Mode and turned it back on. After following all of the prompts. After the restart of my phone, it connected to XCode.

Accepted Reply

Disabling "Multipath Networking" in Settings>Developer on the iPhone did the trick for me. Running iOS 17.1 (21B74) and XCode Version 15.0.1 (15A507)

• This was the final solution for me, I have tried with all previous solutions but this one finally solved it. I even checked this several times I mean, once I checked it worked I reset all to the initial issue state, removed my device from iOS DeviceSupport, unpaired the device from Xcode and Cleared trusted computers from device... and set the Multipath Networking to Interactive and the device didn't connect to Xcode... once I disabled the Multipath Networking it syncing as expected.

• Where were u all this time :) Thank you for posting this solution, it works i.e. it allows phone to be connected to MAC without any issue and i can use phone in XCODE for development. But no success for Android Studio, it keeps saying "Could not run build/ios/iphoneos/Runner.app on xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Try launching Xcode and selecting Product < Run to fix the problem. And to my suprize it works on Xcode and not on Android Studio. I guess i have to post a new issue for this purpose.

Thanks.

• That works for me

Add a Comment

Replies

Same issue here, after update to Xcode 15.0.1 So waste of time!

I am facing the same issue. My journey of debugging is here: https://twitter.com/n1c0_muc/status/1712425064203751677

• the same problem for me , with the exact xcode error.

Add a Comment

Same issue here.

Apple can quickly fix this instead of waiting on VPN vendors to address the issue, which could never happen!!!

Is your Personal Hotspot enabled? If so:

On your Mac:
• Open Xcode.app.
– Window -> Devices & Simulators: Select the problematic iPhone.
– Connect problematic iPhone to Mac via USB.

On your problematic iPhone:
• Open Settings.app.
– Personal Hotspot -> Allow Others to Join: Toggle Off.
– Wi-Fi: Toggle Off.
– Bluetooth: Toggle Off.
( wait for connectivity error to clear on Xcode) – Wi-Fi: Toggle On.
– Bluetooth: Toggle On.
• Disconnect iPhone from USB.

Some notes:
• The problem might be aggravated by having a SIM-enabled Apple Watch connected via Bluetooth to the problematic iPhone (both of which use the same cell provider).
• The problem seems not to occur if you enable the Personal Hotspot before enabling WiFi & Bluetooth on the iPhone (ie - USB only hotspot).
• I've filed a bug with Apple about this (FB13287330).

I managed to solve the problem. Finally...

I did the following steps:

1. connected iPhone and Macbook by cable
  2. Turned off WiFi on the Macbook
  3. Turned off WiFi on the iPhone
  4. Went to XCode -> Window -> Devices and Simulators -> selected iPhone from the list -> Unpair device
  5. After that, on the iPhone, in the alert, I clicked trust the computer

After that, in the Devices and Simulators window, the iPhone connected.

Disabling "Multipath Networking" in Settings>Developer on the iPhone did the trick for me. Running iOS 17.1 (21B74) and XCode Version 15.0.1 (15A507)

• This was the final solution for me, I have tried with all previous solutions but this one finally solved it. I even checked this several times I mean, once I checked it worked I reset all to the initial issue state, removed my device from iOS DeviceSupport, unpaired the device from Xcode and Cleared trusted computers from device... and set the Multipath Networking to Interactive and the device didn't connect to Xcode... once I disabled the Multipath Networking it syncing as expected.

• Where were u all this time :) Thank you for posting this solution, it works i.e. it allows phone to be connected to MAC without any issue and i can use phone in XCODE for development. But no success for Android Studio, it keeps saying "Could not run build/ios/iphoneos/Runner.app on xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Try launching Xcode and selecting Product < Run to fix the problem. And to my suprize it works on Xcode and not on Android Studio. I guess i have to post a new issue for this purpose.

Thanks.

• That works for me

Add a Comment

I can’t get anything to work.

We believe this is due to a change in the way Developer mode is switched. In iOS17, you can switch in the following sections Settings -> Privacy & Security -> Developer mode

Switching On and Off has solved the problem for me.

1. Delete pairing in Xcode.
  2. Turn off Developer mode and reboot.
  3. Turn on Developer mode and reboot.
  4. Pairing again.

I tried everything in this thread! No luck! Still can't connect to Xcode

Xcode Version: 15.1 Beta 3 iOS version: 17.1.1 Device: iPhone SE 2020 (2nd gen)

Please help!

I can’t get anything to work.

I'm pleased to say that the issue is finally solved by upgrading to macOS Sonoma! Works like a charm! Others have reported this too on other online forums.

Spent the last 2 days trying to solve this problem and tried everything from the threads on the Apple Developer forums. Only this solution worked! Disabling VPN and all the other tips didn't help for me.

• Upgrading to macOS Sonoma solved

Add a Comment

Same issue as above on iPad, but solved it baby:

1. Turning Developer Mode on/off.
  2. Clear Trusted Computers on iPad

Rebooted both MacOS and iPadOS.

Same Issue here. Can't get it to work on my corporate mac with VPN but works and pairs fine on my personal mac. Using the latest versions of MacOS (Sonoma), Xcode (15.1) and iOS (17.3). Any help/direction on this is appreciated!

I tried everything from all these suggestsions, nothing worked. for the past 3 months, I am stuck developing with a iOS 16.

Add a Comment