Xcode 15.0 Release doesn't connect at all iOS 17

Hello, I've been using Xcode 4.3.1 and 15 Beta with my iOS 16.5 and 16.6.1 and no issues occurred.

Yesterday, I got a prompt of Xcode 15.0 Release and I put my Xcode on upgrade, at the same time I noticed that iOS also says that 17.0 is available. I upgraded both.

Now my device is not detected on Xcode, it keeps saying Waiting to connect to XXXX iPhone.

Also says, Previous preparation error: The tunnel connection failed while the system tried to connect to the device. I am using the same WIFI on MAC that i am using on Iphone.

A temporary not so much feasible workaround that i found is:

1. Unpair phone
  2. Disable WIFI put phone on LTE/Mobile Data
  3. Connect via usb cable and MAC detects it and connects to it
  4. But now it only works in Xcode and Android studio installs app but can't run/debug it giving error that run it in Xcode.
  5. As soon as wifi is on, phone gets dc from Xcode as well, (even if USB is connected)

Important*: Connect via network checkbox is gryed out and is checked forever.

What i tried till now:

1. Install all types of Xcode, 14.3.1 (says missing string install an updated version of xcode, but it detects device in all modes just gives this error and doesn't let build anything)

2. Reset Xcode to default/ Delete dereived data/Delete all folders that are crucial in that ~/Library/.../xcode folder i.e. Archieves/products/device suport

3. Netstat/kill usb/kill usbmuxd and what not

4. Put phone on hotspot, connect mac on hotspot try debug (fails)

So, tried everything available on internet and yet still my real device on iOS 17 is not ready so that i can debug in Android studio, while in Xcode on same wifi even with USB cable it doesn't work.

Any suggestions??

• I was having the same problem, for me the fix was to enable Developer Mode on the iPhone.

While making the change, I had my iPhone connected to the Mac using USB cable, not sure if that is required though. On the iPhone change dev mode. Settings --> Privacy & Security --> Developer Mode = ON

The iPhone had to go through a restart, as soon as it restarted Xcode found the iPhone is sync'd and all seemed to work OK.

• This solved it for me. Developer Mode was off on my new iPhone. The phone I had migrated from was running iOS 15, which predates the Developer Mode setting.

• I also had this problem, and I had Developer Mode turned on. But after upgrading to iOS 17 my phone wouldn't connect to XCode 15.0.1. I turned off Developer Mode and turned it back on. After following all of the prompts. After the restart of my phone, it connected to XCode.

Accepted Reply

Disabling "Multipath Networking" in Settings>Developer on the iPhone did the trick for me. Running iOS 17.1 (21B74) and XCode Version 15.0.1 (15A507)

• This was the final solution for me, I have tried with all previous solutions but this one finally solved it. I even checked this several times I mean, once I checked it worked I reset all to the initial issue state, removed my device from iOS DeviceSupport, unpaired the device from Xcode and Cleared trusted computers from device... and set the Multipath Networking to Interactive and the device didn't connect to Xcode... once I disabled the Multipath Networking it syncing as expected.

• Where were u all this time :) Thank you for posting this solution, it works i.e. it allows phone to be connected to MAC without any issue and i can use phone in XCODE for development. But no success for Android Studio, it keeps saying "Could not run build/ios/iphoneos/Runner.app on xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Try launching Xcode and selecting Product < Run to fix the problem. And to my suprize it works on Xcode and not on Android Studio. I guess i have to post a new issue for this purpose.

Thanks.

• That works for me

Add a Comment

Replies

It is really incredible that there are hundreds and hundreds of users that face the same problem and the fact that one user solves by one method and another solves in other one but most of the does not resolve at all is not normal at all.

Yesterday magically at a certain moment I was able to connect Mac and iPhone and deposited my programme on the phone. I have restarted completely the phone to factory settings and now there is no way to get connection between Mac and iPhone. It remains eternally in Prteparingfor development

Would it be possible to get from Apple a definitive solution for this long lasting issue ?

Thanks

• exactly I hadn’t been able to develop for over 6 weeks now and with every update this has gotten worse. I’m trying to instal a later version. I’m thinking the issue is with the intel silicon. Perhaps trying to make us update our devices to apple silicon only god knows and apple

Add a Comment