Xcode 15 debugging wirelessly on iPhone 7 does not work

I have Xcode 15 installed on 2 MacBooks. Both MacBooks are running macOS Sonoma 14.0. I am trying to debug an iOS app wirelessly on an iPhone 7 with iOS 15.7.9.

Under Window -> Devices and Simulators in Xcode I can see the iPhone under Disconnected and the message: "iPhone is disconnected" "Xcode will continue when iPhone is connected and unlocked"

I have the "Connect via Network" checked. The iPhone is found when I connect it with a USB cable to both MacBooks. However I need to debug wirelessly without connecting through USB.

Here is some troubleshooting that I did:

• Made sure iPhone 7 and both MacBooks are on the same WiFi
  • Restarted iPhone 7 and both MacBooks
  • Restored iPhone 7 to factory settings
  • Pinged iPhone 7 through Terminal with its IP address on both MacBooks: ping 192.168.1.164 - it finds the iPhone 7 and I receive packages back over the network on both MacBooks
  • Tried "Connect via IP address" under Devices and Simulators - it does not find the iPhone and does not connect

On one of the 2 MacBooks I have a proxy. On the other MacBook there is no VPN nor proxy set up. Still both MacBooks can not connect to iPhone 7 wirelessly though Xcode.

I also have an iPhone 12 with iOS 16.6.1. I can connect to this iPhone 12 wirelessly through Xcode. It works with the iPhone 12.

Did Apple stop the support for wireless debugging with Xcode 15 on iPhone 7s?

Does anyone have the same problem?

I think I'm having the same issue using an iPad mini 4. I can run and debug via lightening cable but can not connect via network. When I try to select "Connect via network" Xcode reports "Please check the device connection and ensure that a passcode is set on the device." The iPad is connected to the same network and a passcode is set.

I have got the same issue. Works only via cable connection since update to MacOS Sonoma and Xcode 15.

Managed to fix this by running an older version of Xcode and then existing functionality returned.

Downloaded the version I was last on here: https://xcodereleases.com/

• Open Terminal
  • Open Applications folder in Finder
  • Drag the Xcode app into Terminal so it gets its path
  • Then add this next to it: /Contents/MacOS/Xcode, so the full command will be something like /Applications/Xcode-12.5.1.app/Contents/MacOS/Xcode

you may have to run sudo infront of the open command but once you do that you'll get the xcode version you want and I can now wirelessly debug

@jackecho which macOS version do you have? Is it macOS Sonoma or an older version?

Xcode 15 debugging wirelessly on iPhone 7 does not work

Q