Xcode 15.0.1 app verification issue

I am having a very weird issue with Xcode 15.0.1. If you are running an app that was built with XCode 14 and install the new version of the app with XCode 15 it works fine.

If you delete the XCode 14 build of the app, and install the XCode 15 build of the app you get "This app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified" error message on launching the app.

Then when we rebuild the app again with XCode 14 the app works fine with no issues.

I have tried multiple solutions that I have found on various forums, but with no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this issue.

Replies

install the new version of the app

What platform is this app running on? And what version of this platform?

Also, can you be more precise about what you mean by “installing”. Are you choosing Product > Run in Xcode? Or something else?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

• Hey Eskimo,

The app is an iPad only app. And it runs fine on iOS 15, 16 and 17 when it is built and sign with XCode 14.

When we try to do a fresh install of the same app built and sign by XCode 15 that is when we are seeing the integrity error on the app with the same ipads

We are distributing the app through appcenter.ms.

Add a Comment

@eskimo The app is an iPad only app. And it runs fine on iOS 15, 16 and 17 when it is built and sign with XCode 14.

When we try to do a fresh install of the same app built and sign by XCode 15 that is when we are seeing the integrity error on the app with the same ipads

I don’t maintain expertise in third-party tooling, so let me clarify the above. Do you see the problem when you choose Product > Run in Xcode? Or only when you distribute your app via the above?

Share and Enjoy

Hey @eskimo we are seeing the same error when we Run in Xcode.

If you create a new test project from the iOS > App template, does it have the same problem?

Share and Enjoy

No luck with that either. What we have discover if we build the app with the Developer certificates it works fine pushed from XCode, when we build the app with the Distrubition certificate we get the same error either from XCode install, or downloading from appcenter.ms

@andrew289 Did you get solution for this? We are facing the same issue as yours with Xcode 15.2.

Hey @AppDev-007 yes we finally got this working a couple of weeks ago. The issue ended up being a third party library, and in our case it was the DynaTrace library. We just slowly started removing libraries until we found the culprit.