ProvisioningProfile entitlement missing despite receiving confirmation mail

We asked for and received confirmation that we have received the Critical alert entitlement. I have also tested it in development build with a development profile and it worked. However when we try to send an update to test flight to test in release mode on our device, we get the following error:

The bundle contains a key that is not included in the provisioning profile: 'com.apple.developer.usernotifications.critical-alerts'

NSLocalizedFailureReason = "Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. The entitlements in your app bundle signature do not match the ones that are contained in the provisioning profile. The bundle contains a key that is not included in the provisioning profile: 'com.apple.developer.usernotifications.critical-alerts' in our app.

SUnderlyingError = "Error Domain=IrisAPI Code=-19241 "Asset validation failed" UserInfo={status=409, detail=Invalid Code Signing Entitlements. The entitlements in your app bundle signature do not match the ones that are contained in the provisioning profile. The bundle contains a key that is not included in the provisioning profile: 'com.apple.developer.usernotifications.critical-alerts in our app code=STATE_ERROR.VALIDATION_ERROR.90163, title=Asset validation failed

we added the following entitlement to the entitlements.plist file: <key>com.apple.developer.usernotifications.critical-alerts</key> <true/>

Replies

The Developer website lets you see the platform and distribution limitations for a given capability. See Finding a Capability’s Distribution Restrictions for info on how to view that info (it’s a little out of date but the basics are still solid).

Use the above to examine the distribution limitations for this additional capability. If it doesn’t support App Store distribution, you’ll have to contact the folks who granted you the capability and ask them to add that.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!” @ Developer Technical Support @ Apple
let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@" + "apple.com"

Hi Eskimo, thank you for the answer, It says it supports: Development Ad hoc App Store

So I'll try again and see if things have changed.(since I do not know if it was added before or after I started asking questions).