Multi-platform app for visionOS and iOS: How to include 3D models for both?

I created an app for visionOS, using Reality Composer Pro. Now I want to turn this app into a multi-platform app for iOS as well.

RCP files are not supported on iOS, however. So I tried to use the "old" Reality Composer instead, but that doesn't seem to work either. Xcode 15 does not include it anymore, and I read online that files created with Xcode 14's Reality Composer cannot be included in Xcode 15 files. Also, Xcode 14 does not run on my M3 Mac with Sonoma.

That's a bummer. What is the recommended way to include 3D content in apps that support visionOS AND iOS?!

(I also read that a solution might be using USDZ for both. But how would that workflow look like? Are there samples out there that support both platforms? Please note that I want to setup the anchors myself, using code. I just need the composing tool to the create 3D content that will be placed on these anchors.)

Answered by Vision Pro Engineer in 790030022

This changed today (June 10, 2024)! You can now use Reality Composer Pro with iOS 18. See the RealityKit 4.0 section of Get ready for iOS 18 for more details.

Here are 2 sessions related to your question that were released today.

This is just a start; there are more sessions dropping throughout the week!

This changed today (June 10, 2024)! You can now use Reality Composer Pro with iOS 18. See the RealityKit 4.0 section of Get ready for iOS 18 for more details.

Here are 2 sessions related to your question that were released today.

This is just a start; there are more sessions dropping throughout the week!

Multi-platform app for visionOS and iOS: How to include 3D models for both?

Q