How to take back the control of our application ?

Good afternoon,

I'm not used to the Apple tools and programms. We encountering the following issue :

We have a zip file with an ipa file. According to our service provider, the Zip file contains the ios application which is presently already running on IOS (iphone, Ipad), only on the iphones and ipads of our team.

The application is linked to the apple developer account of our service provider.

Presently, this is the process we use to add the application on an IOS tools : We send the UDID of the tool to our service provider who generate an ipa file from the application. We put the ipa file in the following website : https://www.diawi.com/features-services The website give us an QRCode which we need to scan with the IOS tool, then, we have a pop-up on the tool for installing the application. It seems to be the process describing there : https://support.apple.com/fr-fr/guide/deployment/depce7cefc4d/web.

As we won't work with our service provider anymore, we need to take back the control of the management of this application.

We need to open the files in the .zip and we may have to modify them. I need some help to understand how to open them. I've tried on Xcode unsuccessfully.

Could you please help to understand how to open and modify the application, linked it to our Apple developer account and distribute it to our employees or put it in the apple store ?

Best regards.

Answered by Claude31 in 789465022

You need to receive the complete folder that contains Xcode project, not only the source files (otherwise, you'll have a significant work to rebuild the project).

The process should be:

• unzip the zip file (just double click on the icon)
  • check that you get a folder containing a file such as MyProject.xcodeproj and a folder named MyProject (of course, you'll a name different than MyProject in both)
  • have xCode installed on your Mac
  • then double clicking on MyProject.xcodeproj will open the project in Xcode.
  • From there you can start modifying code and generate new spa file.
Accepted Answer

You need to receive the complete folder that contains Xcode project, not only the source files (otherwise, you'll have a significant work to rebuild the project).

The process should be:

• unzip the zip file (just double click on the icon)
  • check that you get a folder containing a file such as MyProject.xcodeproj and a folder named MyProject (of course, you'll a name different than MyProject in both)
  • have xCode installed on your Mac
  • then double clicking on MyProject.xcodeproj will open the project in Xcode.
  • From there you can start modifying code and generate new spa file.

Thanks for you reply.

I don't ave any .xcodeproj in the zip file. Almost all files are .bil. I first thought that it was b4i project but there is none .b4i files either. I don't know how to open .bil files. Several people told me our service provider didn't give us the real sources.

How to take back the control of our application ?

Q