Push notification not working with production environment

Hey Team,

We're experiencing an issue where push notifications are failing to deliver to certain devices in the production environment. However, they are working fine in the development build on specific devices. Interestingly, the notifications are working fine for a few devices in the same production environment.

In the affected devices we have attempted the following things to resolve the issue

• Verify the device token (& send the notification through apple push notification console)
  • reinstall the application
  • reboot the device

Below are the device details

• Model - Macbook Pro 15-inch, 2018
  • processor - 2.9 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i9
  • OS Version - macOS Sonoma 14.2.1

I have attached the APSD process console log for the affected device. In which we are getting following error.

apsd Peer connection [pid=472] lacks APSConnectionInitiateEntitlement

Thank you all in advance for any information regarding this issue and we will provide any additional information if needed.

I would like to clarify the issue you are describing first:

• the failing push notifications are being sent to Mac devices
  • the issue is only happening on production builds of your app, when the notifications are sent in the Production environment
  • you have confirmed that the app tokens you are using for the production builds belong to the production builds of the app, and not mistakingly using tokens from the development builds
  • the push notifications you are sending are of "alert" type, and not silent or background notifications
  • on the devices you are seeing this problem, the users have not declined the app authorization to send notifications

If all these check out, I would like you to try one thing: when you send a push notification, and it does not appear (also, no errors from the push notification console when you send them), try turning off the WiFi connection on the Mac (or unplug the wired connection if that is how it is connected to the network), and turn it back on after a few seconds. Does the missing notifications sent just before get shown then?

Let me know, and we will see what the next steps should be for diagnosing the issue.

Push notification not working with production environment

Q