Is there any way to only use Image Based Lighting/HDRI with PBR Shader?

Hey guys! I have question for my project. I want my 3D character with an PBR Shader to only receive IBL from my HDRI map and not receive any lighting from the surrounding environment when viewing on Apple Vision Pro. Any tips?

Thank you in advance!

Answered by Vision Pro Engineer in 790163022

This is possible. Use ImageBasedLightComponent and ImageBasedLightReceiverComponent to receive lighting from your HDRI map and EnvironmentLightingConfigurationComponent (released in visionOS Beta 2) with environmentLightingWeight set to 0 to remove the surrounding environment lighting.

This is possible. Use ImageBasedLightComponent and ImageBasedLightReceiverComponent to receive lighting from your HDRI map and EnvironmentLightingConfigurationComponent (released in visionOS Beta 2) with environmentLightingWeight set to 0 to remove the surrounding environment lighting.

The session Optimize your 3D assets for spatial computing covers the use of the ImageBasedLightComponent and the ImageBasedLightReceiverComponent.

The relevant portion is at the ~16min mark: https://developer.apple.com/videos/play/wwdc2024/10186/?time=963

Is there any way to only use Image Based Lighting/HDRI with PBR Shader?

Q