Subscription Unavailable - Strange Behavior with StoreKit

I added my first subscription to my app using StoreKit's SubscriptionStoreView. Everything worked as expected in the debug environment and also in TestFlight. So I submitted my app and subscriptions to App Store Connect, got everything Approved and released. After updating my app through App Store and checking the Subscription View, it just says "Subscription Unavailable. The subscription is unavailable in the current storefront."

I waited around 3 days and still getting the same message. Now the very strange behavior starts. I went to App Store Connect, I made and edit to the subscription description, saved, removed the edit, saved, and submitted to review. 15 minutes later the subscriptions appear in my app and everything works as expected. After getting the edit approved, the Subscription View in my app again only showed the message "Subscription Unavailable. The subscription is unavailable in the current storefront." No user is able to see the subscriptions anymore, even though it worked as expected before the edit was approved.

So I did the same as before. Again, make an edit to the subscription description, save, remove the edit, save, submit to review. 15 minutes later the subscriptions are again available in my app and it works as expected.

This is definitely not the expected behavior and submitting the subscription edits every day is wasting the App Review Team's time as well as mine. I contacted Apple Developer Support but I didn't get any reply back (at least yet).

I am not the only one experiencing this. I found a friend online who has the exact same issue, and is able to temporarily solve it by making an edit to the subscription description as well.

So far it has been a huge headache, and we are losing customers this way. Please if anyone has experience with this problem, or has any suggestions, they will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much,

Tomas

Can you please also report this via https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/, including app and IAP details, and share your FB# ticket number here? Thank you!

Hi!

I encountered the same issue. In Xcode, my App Store Connect subscriptions loaded perfectly without a StoreKit configuration once everything was set up (and tested) correctly. Everything also worked fine in TestFlight, but in the App Store itself, nothing worked. The subscriptions themselves work; I can redeem codes or manage my subscription, but StoreKit2’s SubscriptionMarketingView doesn’t load the storefront.

My subscriptions were approved, and my app was approved—everything seemed perfect. However, the storefront didn’t load, and I couldn’t figure out why. I added the In-App Purchase Intent, hoping it would fix the issue, but it didn’t.

What ultimately fixed the issue was editing the subscription description back and forth every time Apple’s review team approved my description. Right after approval, it stops working again until I force another review by changing the description.

Please fix this issue as soon as possible.

Subscription Unavailable - Strange Behavior with StoreKit

Q