VisionOS animation on USDZ

Hello all, I'm developing an application for visionOS and I'm trying to implement 2 different animations:

First animation Initially, I have a map that should not be visible. I would like to create an animation effect where it appears as if a drop of water falls in the center of the map and the expanding waves gradually reveal the entire map. Is there a way to do it directly on SwiftUI or I need an animation on my USDZ?

Second animation I want an animation effect similar to a cinema screen opening from the center, gradually revealing a video that was initially hidden. Is there a way to do it directly on SwiftUI?

Can someone help me with this topic? Thanks ;)

Same questions. Some help would be great. Thanks

Hey @Mirco46,

In terms of revealing a 3D map using a drop a water, you can either use an animation on your USDZ or you might consider building a custom material using the Shader Graph. Build materials in Shader Graph provides a good introduction to this approach. Diorama and Happy Beam provide a few examples of this in use.

For the second animation, there's two similar approaches that come to mind. You could display the video in your RealityView using the VideoMaterial on your model entity, and then place a screen model entity in front of that. Another option would be leveraging DockingRegionComponent as described in Building an immersive media viewing experience.

Let me know if you have more detailed questions,

Michael

VisionOS animation on USDZ

Q