TestFlight - The language specified is not listed for localization

When trying to add a new build for a group of external testers, after filling the what to test fields I always get the following error: "Sorry something went wrong. The language specified is not listed for localization". Internal testers get the build updates fine. Also I cannot add or remove app description languages in testflight Test Info page.

Same here... We're going to have to blind release this one... it's been a few days, we filed a bug a few days ago, have yet to hear anything about it...

And for the record, we have two phantom languages which just show as a resource ID:

**ITC.locale.cmn-hant**

**ITC.locale.cmn-hans**

I've tried this, but I'm getting an error when deleting two phantom languages and others too:

**ITC.locale.cmn-hant**

**ITC.locale.cmn-hans**

It says "The language specified is not listed for localization"

I finally got it to work. I just kept trying to delete TestFlight languages (I got the error each time) until one of them finally deleted. Once that language was deleted I was able to add external testers. For the record, it was Japanese that eventualy was deleted, but a couple of the other ones that I had tried (and got the error on) were deleted at the same time.

So thanks to everyone who suggested that particular course of action!

Yes, I've got one of those entries. Not sure yet if it's related at all, but it seems like not everyone has them.

Removing languages works indeed. The only thing that is worth mentioning - for us it was impossible to remove anything because we were getting the same error each time and nothing changed. What helped is to select another tab (e.g. About TestFlight Data) and then go back to Test Information. You have to do that each time you delete a language. When all except main one are deleted, we were able to submit a build for review!

This worked. Take a long time to go thorught each language but when we used the tab trick and removed all languages leaving only en-US we were able to save that one language. Now we are able to release with no problems since the multi-language test flight change description doesnt show up and doesnt require us to save it.

Yes! This is very helpful! It took me a lot of clicking but I was able to remove about 20 secondary languages we have and sent the build on its way to external testers tonight. Thank you @artjoms for the tips!

I found you only need to switch to another tab to get the language list updated. If you keep deleting them they'll stay in the list but are actually removed. So if you can keep track in your head you don't need to switch tabs every time.

Also beware it will still keep displaying the error message every time. In fact it displays it multiple times... ☹️

+1 Nice.

Aanshul - I had the same problem so I kept trying each language, eventually I think it was Russian that finally took, and then the page refreshed and I only had English, French, and Spanish (or something). But at that point it seemed to have kicked the system enough to let me add another TestFlight build, and now it's working as expected. Good luck!

Thanks. We were stuck with the same error message. I start deleting each localization language without any regard to error message. When I deleted Japanese, there was no error and all the other ones were deleted successfully,

This seems to be fixed now.

TestFlight - The language specified is not listed for localization

Q