Having issues authorizing payment for Apple Developer Program

Hey guys

I’ve been trying to pay for Apple Developer Program enrollment for about a week and still no luck. As well as I got from a small talk with the customer support – Apple never got my money. So it seems like my payment authorization fails all the time. But I don’t know what’s really going on.

Have any of you ever had issues like that?

Or maybe you just know what’s going on and how to fix it?

Answered by Apple Developer Support in 626670022
We do accept Russian credit cards to pay for the Apple Developer Program. If you've been unable to complete your order, please reach out to Apple Developer Program Support for assistance. Please note that you may be asked to provide verification details as part of the order completion process. We appreciate your understanding and apologize for any inconvenience.

I found a person selling developer accounts but at high prices ($250), the problem ended for me

It is not solution. You can not monetize this account

I make an order in March 7, 2020 and still get stuck on this point. What should i do? The supporter not reply my email.

It's seem like Apple don't want new developers to touch to their store.

So sad.

i'm experiencing the same thing, have tried 3 apple id's with 3 different cards for 3 months since december nothing seems to work , support is useless they send generic solutions over and over. 😠

Yesterday, i used my card to buy a game on App Store and wrote an email with the invoice to Apple Support.

Today, they have sent me the feedback and ask me contact to my bank to check the credit card.

What the ****! They didn't read my email, just send a generic mail. So disappointed

I have a Visa card issued by Chase Bank in the United States and I tried to use it to buy a membership and $ 99 was already deducted from the card and it appeared in the account statement but after several hours Apple canceled my order

It seems that a group of goons run this company and treat clients like waste

Same problem. Been since Wednesday tried to pay. It keeps on saying your payment is unauthorized. Called my bank, called my visa issuer, they said no issue, they turn on and off the online payment service, still same problem. Called apple, no customer service. I am in Europe. A company of 10k+ people with such a poor customer experience, a staff that won't listen to the many who are facing this issue, apparently since Oct - Nov. Sad to have goons treating us like waste.

The same issue, I am from Belgium. I tried 4 cards since Thursday, it won't work. I called my bank, called my credit card issuer, they reported 0 issues. Called Apple, 30 min on the line to tell me to change browser, clear cookies, boot up back my mac, change apple id, etc... all are things I've done! I am just so so so tired.

Please help 😟 😟 😟

I guess the problem is about c v v number. Apple does not let us fill c v v number when placing an order. So maybe it's cause.

I can fill in C v v.

I Called Worldline credit card belgium today, they said there is no issue on my credit card. They said they can clearly see that Apple charges me 0 euro, because there is an issue with their payment gateway. The woman on the line swore me that the problem was coming from Apple payment gateway.

Hopefully someone working at Apple sees this and will go update their APIs for Europe.

We can always hope!

Today I contacted a lawyer to consider the possibility of filing a lawsuit against apple regarding this problem ..

I will contact mine too.

Looking at the issue, Apple basically wants us to wire the money directly to their US account with exorbitant charges! To make more money...

I tried again today, not working 🙂.

Payment failed, try another payment method, then try creating new account.

This is going on from past 5 months and i tried every step they've advised but the issues is same.

Now not getting response also from Apple

Where are you from?

It keeps failing here as well...

As I mentioned before, the only solution for this issue is-unfortunately-the wire transfer, it worked for me. Apple support gave me thier bank account details after a bunch of useless e-mails. They know quiet well that there is a glopal issue and that hundreds of people is claiming the enrollment issue but i don't know why they are in denial.

Ask them direct to forward the Bank account details for Apple, go to your bank and make the transfer, send Apple support the reciept you recieved after transaction, and they will activate the account.

I'm facing same issue.

Same in Hong kong. I tried today from a new credit card I received yesterday, and bought stuff online with it the same day. Yes, it's activated.

Apple says my payment is not authorized. Adress, name matching my new card. WEIRD!

Me too, if anytone has a solution, let me know. From Spain!

Hi,

I'm from Uruguay and I'm having the same issue.

I already tried with three different credit cards (of different financial institutions) and three different Apple IDs.

My credit cards DO NOT match the developer account name, I think that could be the issue.

Can anyone confirm if He recently was able to make the purchase using a credit card in the name of the same person of the developer account?

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I was struggling with this for over a week. I tried 3 different cards, in my name or another. I tried my Windows PC as well as a Mac. Nothing worked, 10 attempts and I always ended up getting the payment rejected with a super vague error message. Apple support didn't help me at all.

Until one of my friends asked me if I tried the process from Safari on an iPhone! I thought it was kind of stupid but I tried it anyway. I used my Revolut card and it worked?!?!

So please, try that. I don't think that I've read this solution anywhere.

I hope it might work for you too.

Cheers,

Patrik

had the same issues as everyone for few days struggling try with a lot of credit or debit card. Today i manage to purchase it.!! It worked.What is do is i changed the confirmation email from my default icloud email address to google email address and click confirm order. It worked for me hope your guys worked as well.

I think the problem is that for large payments like this, $99, VISA requires a OTP (one time pin) to authorize payment. I live in Indonesia and when I make a payment for more than 500,000 rupiah (around $35 USD) I get sent an SMS with an 5 digit OTP that I enter into a VISA page after the transaction page. Apple does not use this system. So Apple is sending a greater than $35 payment request to VISA without an OTP request, which VISA then rejects because all payments above $35 require an OTP request! Apple tells you it is your bank but it isn't. It is Apple failing to incorporate OTP into it's system probably because it is international.

This does not happen on the Google Play Store because they only charge $25 so you can pay for it without VISA blocking the payment. I can't actually remember what happened when I joined Google Play so perhaps they do have OTP. Anyway, I have sent an email to Apple and am waiting for their response regarding this.

Good luck to us all!

Same Problem here

I just called Apple support and escalated this issue to their senior management. I ahve the same issues (4 credit cards got decliend, and new Apple account is not able to enroll at all). He basically said I've already tried all the method they can suggest (trying different credit card and using a different Apple ID). Anything else he said is internal and is not willing to disclose. He dose not admit it's Apple's internal issue at all. As soon as I said "it means it's not working" or "when will this resolved", he immediately replies "that's not what I said" or "I didn't mean that".

No responsibilities at all. Shame on Apple!

Having issues authorizing payment for Apple Developer Program

Q