It says: "There are still screenshot uploads in progress." when submit a new build

I'm submitting a new version of my app, and after click "submit for Review", it show that:

A few more items are needed in order to submit for review
The items listed below are required for submission:

• There are still screenshot uploads in progress.

I didn't met this problem before. Is that mean I haven't upload all the screenshot required or it's still uploading the screenshots to App Store Connect's server? Cause before there is a "save" button after you drag images to the screenshots area, now you don't.And I think I have uploaded all the screenshots needed and I waited a day to try submit again, still the same.

What should I do?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of yadayado Down vote post of yadayado
65k views
  • We are having the same problem. The message that we receive is: Unable to Submit for Review The items below are required to start the review process: There are still screenshot uploads in progress. We have converted the images from jpg to png - no difference. We have deleted the images that that said image load error - no difference We have tried loading on different computers - no difference We have never had this problem before At first the images all show as having been loaded. There are no errors. Then we click submit for review, and all the images are greyed, and say that they are still uploading and are being processed. Some get the image loading error. When delete all the images and reload, it is not the same images that fail the image load test. This gives the impression that Apple does not value our time. There are 10 pages of people who have had this problem going back for over a year. This is unacceptable.

• This is a server side problem and it is an embarrassment for apple not to even acknowledge the problem let alone fixing it. All developer-facing tools are hostile and issues filed using feedback assistant are completely ignored.

• Please look each screenshots you uploaded, I found one and re-uploaded. It worked! Thanks!

Replies

Already upload a Feedback to get this fixed: FB11243012

Still haven't managed to get the screenshots to be uploaded, just keeps on loading.

I had same issue with definition: "There are still screenshot uploads in progress". Resolved via AppStore Connect API. Solution is here: stackoverflow

I found the solution. I have spent 2 whole days and it's simple. For a reason that I don't understand, if you're having the 'There are screenshot uploads in progress' message, you just need 1) be patient, there's a MDFK gray image somewhere at the "optional" screenshots that need to be deleted.

Go to 'View All Sizes in Media Manager' and check all the devices, the required, and the optional ones. I'll promise there's a gray image with a cloud icon. Just delete that image and submit. that will fix the problem

If didn't found any gray image, then change the language, and start all over again. You will find it. be patient

Apple please, fix this. At list, insert a MDFK button that can erase all screenshots at once.

I followed the advice of deleting the grayed out screenshots and reuploaded them. But I am not in an endless spiral loop where I delete old screenshots, upload new, they show up fine first for a few minutes. After that randomly a bunch of them greyed out. And when I hover over them, is says "The file has been uploaded and is processing". If I delete that file then App store UI moves the problem to other screenshots. In summary 30-40% of my screenshots end up in such a state every time I go and fix things.

This is an endless nightmare for many days going on and on and on and on and on and on .......

There is no light at the end of the tunnel for me with this simple thing.

• Apple wake up.... Apple, improve your service. The suffering for developers is high. As a developer, I respectfully urge the Appstore team to escalate this problem to their development team to improve the scalability of Apple cloud system and error handling with these screenshot upload management.

The time and effort savings for Apple developers will significantly improve. And it will help the developers be more loyal to Apple Appstore. This is very critical improvement needed.

Add a Comment

I have now gones through at least 10 iterations of deleting and re-uploading and checking that there are no more greyed out screenshots. And still it is the same thing going on.

Apple, your Appstore Connect tool is not built to handle the number of screenshots it expects at the resolution it expects. This is surprising. I expect better from Apple Appstore.

The Appstore Gods ................... Please please please please

Have mercy................. App submissions must be simpler than this ............................

This problem still persists. There is no extra grey image in the options section. I have deleted all images and videos multiple timer. Everytime I upload, after few minutes some image or video goes blank and a "cloud" icon stating the image is submitted, in the process of upload or something on those lines. It never gets uploaded. This is definately a bug and preventing me from submitting my first game. Google play store is confusing but not laggy like Apples. Very bad experience so far.

• I'm having the same issue as @AGame85 , tried removing the images and upload them again multiple times, after refreshing it shows a cloud image on each screenshot and errors out , There are still screenshot uploads in progress.

Add a Comment

There seems to be a major issue with Apple's Screenshot Processing! This started Sep. 1st where some screenshots will get processed and others will just fail apparently.

• Fastlane deployments are just hanging for HOURS:

Waiting for all the screenshots to finish being processed..."

I left a deployment running for ~4 hour with no response from the API.

• Manually uploading via the Web portal is seriously hosed as-well!

My observations: Once you upload screenshots all indications show everything uploaded and is ready to go... WRONG! If you try to submit you'll get: "There are screenshot uploads in progress" If you refresh the web page you will find a grey-cloud placeholder image.
This is the screenshot that failed or didn't finish processing before the page was refreshed.

The only workaround I have found: Upload one set of screenshots, DO NOT change tabs or view. Wait about 5-10 minutes then refresh the page and see if all screenshots finished processing. If not, delete the failed placeholders screenshot and repeat until all have finished processing.

My problem is I donät have any gray screenshot anywhere. Even when I delete all screenshot I get this error. I only have one language in use and have tried page optimization. Can anyone help me what can I do now? I have been waiting for 2 days and nothing has happened. This is really frustrating.

• Have you tried looking in the Media Manager? Once you open it make sure you refresh the page, then check all devices for the grey-cloud image. When attempting to submit for review, are you seeing "There are screenshot uploads in progress" or some other error message?

Add a Comment

Also had this issue, no grey images. I went through and deleted all the localization images that i added and then added them back. I was able to submit after that.

I am also facing the same problem. Apple please fix this. Its really eating our time.

Ola!

I ran into the same problem, there are still screenshot uploads in progress. Tried what I read in this thread, could not see any failed / greyed screenshots. Until I switched from Chrome to Safari. In Safari the greyed image immediately showed up. Removed that, replaced with the correct snapshots, no more problems.

So if you encounter this, try Safari.

I my case the problem was cause by an attached file, I deleted it from attachments and I pasted link into the notes and everything worked well.

This worked for me thanks! Just check every image again to see if any one of them is grayed out. Remove it and upload again.

I'm also facing same issue, everytime on click "Add for Review", gives error "There are still screenshot uploads in progress.", please fix this, I'm trying since last 4hours.