It says: "There are still screenshot uploads in progress." when submit a new build

I'm submitting a new version of my app, and after click "submit for Review", it show that:

A few more items are needed in order to submit for review
The items listed below are required for submission:

• There are still screenshot uploads in progress.

I didn't met this problem before. Is that mean I haven't upload all the screenshot required or it's still uploading the screenshots to App Store Connect's server? Cause before there is a "save" button after you drag images to the screenshots area, now you don't.And I think I have uploaded all the screenshots needed and I waited a day to try submit again, still the same.

What should I do?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of yadayado Down vote post of yadayado
65k views
  • We are having the same problem. The message that we receive is: Unable to Submit for Review The items below are required to start the review process: There are still screenshot uploads in progress. We have converted the images from jpg to png - no difference. We have deleted the images that that said image load error - no difference We have tried loading on different computers - no difference We have never had this problem before At first the images all show as having been loaded. There are no errors. Then we click submit for review, and all the images are greyed, and say that they are still uploading and are being processed. Some get the image loading error. When delete all the images and reload, it is not the same images that fail the image load test. This gives the impression that Apple does not value our time. There are 10 pages of people who have had this problem going back for over a year. This is unacceptable.

• This is a server side problem and it is an embarrassment for apple not to even acknowledge the problem let alone fixing it. All developer-facing tools are hostile and issues filed using feedback assistant are completely ignored.

• Please look each screenshots you uploaded, I found one and re-uploaded. It worked! Thanks!

Replies

It works for me now. In my case, I haven't uploaded screenshot for iPhone 5.5".
Yes, Apple gave us a confusing error message as "There are still screenshot uploads in progress" and "This file has been uploaded and is processing".

To make sure which screenshot are required to be uploaded, you can check this specification
https://help.apple.com/app-store-connect/#/devd274dd925
Getting an error when uploading Apple Watch screenshots. So frustrating!
Works for me now and was able to submit this morning. Also published another app which I needed to upload screen shots for, and was able to submit for review immediately.

To fix this we:

1. Went back to the App Store "Product Page Optimization" tab;
  2. Opened the Test again (which should be in "Draft" status;
  3. Finally the real error showed up on the screen: some images were just a red exclamation symbol and red outline with the error message Images can't contain alpha channels or transparencies.
  4. We removed the alpha channel from the images, reuploaded and it worked.

I have this issue as well. Not greyed-out screenshots. Fun times.

So after I checked and replace all the greyed-out screenshots in all languages. I re-checked and the were new greyed-out screenshots, so I replaced them again. And I was able to send the update to Apple.

I have the exact same problem :( have checked everything over and over - no grey images (not in Apple Watch, iOS nor iMessage).

I don't really see a clear solution from anyone here - I reached out to support a few hours ago - does anyone know if that is just being naive? I suppose they should be able to clear some kind of server cache if ghost images are stuck somewhere.

Thanks

Same issue for me! I'm doing an app project just for fun. I have previews in both 6.5" and 5.5" iPhone displays. I had the issue whenever I upload previews I always get the red ! mark where it says IMAGE_TOOL_FAILURE every single time I modify the arrangements. Not only that, when I get the "There are still screenshot uploads in progress.", I disabled the iPad compatibility and then re-uploaded my app to the App Store connect but the issue persists. 😡

Same here

i am facing this issue for 2 days. it is really unbelievable that the same bug is not solved in 2 years. all i can do is just to wait? will the problem be solved by itself?

Workaround FINALLY!

1. Go to "Product Page Optimization" tab
  2. Click in the plus sign to "Create Product Page Test"
  3. Fields:

Reference Name: Test Number of Treatments: 1 Traffic Proportion: 50% 4. Click in "Create test" 5. Upload your images inside the "Treatment A" area 6. Click in "start test" and send it to review and await apple 7. Once this review was accepted, you gonna be able to apply the new images to your current published and/or published version. 8. Send you new app version to app review, like usual.

Workaround FINALLY!

• Go to "Product Page Optimization" tab
  • Click in the plus sign to "Create Product Page Test"
  • Fields:
    • Reference Name: Test
    • Number of Treatments: 1
    • Traffic Proportion: 50%
  • Click in "Create test"
  • Upload your images inside the "Treatment A" area
  • Click in "start test" and send it to review and await apple
  • Once this review was accepted, you gonna be able to apply the new images to your current published and/or published version.
  • Send you new app version to app review, like usual.
  • Couple comments... 1) How long did it take for the Product Page review to be accepted? 2) You are only allowed to create a product Page if your app already has the status of Ready for Sale (I.e. not your first time submitting to App Store).

• Unfortunately, no. these steps did't work for me.

Add a Comment

Also, having this issue. Talked to Support today. They escalated it to Engineering. Now I'm waiting for engineering to fix or get back to me. We'll see how long that takes.

• how can you talk to support? i want to talk them too. because i have to publish latest version of my app immediately.

Add a Comment

This issue is frustrating and apple hasn't made any fix for it. It's been almost 24 hours since I've been trying to submit. Nothing seems to work. The same issue of screenshots uploading...

• I'm experiencing the same issue, for the Mac version of my app, hopefully its resolved soon...

Web console shows: "Error 500: UNEXPECTED_ERROR, An unexpected error occurred on the server side. If this issue continues, contact us at https://developer.apple.com/contact/."

Add a Comment

I was able to fix it by deleting the problematic app screenshot set via fineTuneFork's instructions here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/73313352/app-store-screenshots-screenshot-uploads-in-progress-error-appscreenshotse

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of Davo Down vote reply of Davo
  • this is the correct answer.

• Worked perfectly! Thank you so much!!!

Add a Comment