It says: "There are still screenshot uploads in progress." when submit a new build

I'm submitting a new version of my app, and after click "submit for Review", it show that:

A few more items are needed in order to submit for review
The items listed below are required for submission:

• There are still screenshot uploads in progress.

I didn't met this problem before. Is that mean I haven't upload all the screenshot required or it's still uploading the screenshots to App Store Connect's server? Cause before there is a "save" button after you drag images to the screenshots area, now you don't.And I think I have uploaded all the screenshots needed and I waited a day to try submit again, still the same.

What should I do?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of yadayado Down vote post of yadayado
65k views
  • We are having the same problem. The message that we receive is: Unable to Submit for Review The items below are required to start the review process: There are still screenshot uploads in progress. We have converted the images from jpg to png - no difference. We have deleted the images that that said image load error - no difference We have tried loading on different computers - no difference We have never had this problem before At first the images all show as having been loaded. There are no errors. Then we click submit for review, and all the images are greyed, and say that they are still uploading and are being processed. Some get the image loading error. When delete all the images and reload, it is not the same images that fail the image load test. This gives the impression that Apple does not value our time. There are 10 pages of people who have had this problem going back for over a year. This is unacceptable.

• This is a server side problem and it is an embarrassment for apple not to even acknowledge the problem let alone fixing it. All developer-facing tools are hostile and issues filed using feedback assistant are completely ignored.

• Please look each screenshots you uploaded, I found one and re-uploaded. It worked! Thanks!

Replies

The same issues are happening for me too. App Store preview screenshots and subscription product review screenshots are simply not uploading. Subscription review screenshots are stuck on 'processing' and then will fail after navigating off the screen (even after waiting for a considerable amount of time for it to process - 10s of minutes). I have tried everything I could find:

• making sure the resolutions are correct
  • trying different suggested resolutions that don't require a specific device resolution
  • making sure the DPI is set to 72
  • renaming the files to have only numbers + letters
  • renaming the file extensions to be uppercase
  • probably some other things I'm forgetting

This is the first upload for this particular submission, doubt that should have anything to do with it though..

I'm also facing this issue from France, images seem to upload well as I can see the preview, but a few seconds later all screenshots become red and a message explain that "something went wrong"...

I submitted a bunch of screenshots successfully just a few days ago which makes me think this has to be a downed server somewhere. I reached out to app store connect support and am passing this along to the an engineering team to check it out as an FYI for everyone else.

• Appreciate that ibiggy!

Add a Comment

Hi, we updated the screenshots in our project. Now when we try to re-submit for review the error " Unable to Add for Review The items below are required to start the review process: There are still screenshot uploads in progress." is reported and we are unable to continue.

Update: There somehow a broken screenshot (red outline) was in one of the optional sections (6,1 inch). I removed it and the error went away.

Hello everyone, I had the same problem just today. reloading the app store connect page didn't help, but I did what was suggested by the app store connect engineer. I went to View All Sizes in Media Manager > viewed all the images, one by one. After I've done that, I guess it somehow completed the upload to the server by reprocessing them when I open them. and when I clicked "Add for review" button, it went through. Viewing all of them is helpful since I don't know which image would've not been successfully made it to the server.

Hope this helps, Best regards.

Since this is an Apple server-side issue, here's a fix that worked for me:

1. Save current changes in your submission. If the "Save" button is greyed out, then this is ok.
  2. Turn off the WiFi of your computer.
  3. Clear the cache of your web browser.
  4. Turn on your computer's WiFi.
  5. Log-in again to Apple Store Connect.
  6. Go to the specific app where you encountered the problem. This time, it shows one or few greyed out screenshots that causes the problem. You can just delete this screenshot by hovering over it and pressing the red delete button that appears. You can just re-upload such screenshots or just completely exclude it in the previews.

Hope it works for you too.

Same problem now in 2023. No grayed icons. Won't let me submit.

• Same here. I cannot release the new version. It is extremely frustrating.

Add a Comment

It still does not work in 2023. Why has this problem not been addressed in 3 years?

Same problem in 2024, Apple. Stop investing time in improving iOS and fix this issue.

I tried removing the images and re-adding, but same issue. Come on Apple, kindly sort your act out!

Somehow I was able to submit without images for 6.7'' (!!!). Those were the ones always with errors whenever I refreshed the page, so when I tried to submit without any images in it, it went through (!!!).

Let's see if it will be approved or not like this

This just occurred for me (Jan 2024) and all the images were showing as there.

So I closed that browser window in Safari, opened a 'New Private Window', logged in, and checked all the screenshots. One of them was showing as grey (still processing) so I deleted and replaced it, I was then able to continue and submit the app update.

So it's clearly a caching issue in the web app, opening a new clean (private) browser window showed the correct/real state of the screenshots.

How I solved it: Looked at the network console in my Chrome, and looked at the responses of /appScreenshotSets api calls. It will make a call each time you switch locale. Inspect each of them. For each, there will be list of screenshots, and look for the one that does not say "state": "COMPLETED". Look at other information there, and you will be able to figure out which screenshot it is (for example, your original filename will also be there). Delete and reupload that (way few seconds after upload before you navigate away).

In my case one of the screenshot said "UPLOAD_COMPLETED" instead of "COMPLETED". Reuploaded that, and it app review went through.

If you want to narrow your search, look at the response of the api call that is made when you click "Add to review", it will give you a uuid for the exact screenshot(s) that failed. Now search for that in the appScreenshotSets api responses.

Cause of this (For the apple engineers): You guys have designed screenshot upload to be a 2 step client driven process. Essentially, client first uploads an image, and then later has to make another API call to PUT an image somewhere, but the UI already shows success after the first step itself, and user navigates away, essentially failing the 2nd call. Either make the second call a server side step, or make the UI show upload success only after both steps are done.

I'm wondering why this issue is still not fixed. For me it worked more or less fine for English screenshots (I had to upload them through "All sizes in Media Manager", because the main page uploads didn't work), but when I started to upload localized images - nothing helped, everywhere all uploaded images dissapeared and then were marked as "no yet been uploaded". I thought that maybe AdBlocker causes this buggy behavior, but it doesn't. Please, fix this finally!

April 15th 2024 - problem still exists. How much of a finger can Apple show to the developers. I have submitted over 100 apps and things get only more complicated. My customers are top 500 companies ... the best I can do is to advice them to no longer supply iOS devices. What a shame for Apple, this will fire back.

• Try using a New Private Window in Safari.

Add a Comment