MacOS Big Sur Lagging

Hello! Help please, after updating the system to Big Sur, my MacBook Pro 13 began to slow down, previously there were no such problems.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
2,7 GHz 2‑core processor Intel Core i5
8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
Same here.
Lagging when opening files, unzipping, some times happens sometimes don't.
I bought a 2015 MacBook about a month ago.
Macbook pro 2015
Core i7
16 ram
512 ssd
I was very happy, as it is my first experience with a Mac system, especially since the device has very high specifications.
Little did I know that I would spend all that time researching how to solve the slow and freeze issues in this system.
70 second startup
60 second after enter password
30 scond to open safari or another any app
If i enable switch graphic
Every thing lags mouse ,typing.
I tried
==>Instailed catalina same Problem.
==>Update to big sur again same Problem
==>Instail big sur from usb same Problem
I make every thing
==>Shift+ctrl+Optian+R
==>Option+d +power
==>Alt +ctr+p+r +power
==>D+power
==>Option+d+power

==>A+b+c
==>X+y+z

Safty mode,recovery mode,EarseF,First Aid

After many attempts, I found the best solution is to install Windows on the device.
The Windows system on the device works great
I think I missed something in my attempt to enter the world of Mac.
Sorry microsoft come back to you
Same for me which is really frustrating.. It was resolving when shutdown but then happen again.
I tried to reset SMC and NVRAM but did not solve anything.

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
2,6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Macintosh HD
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB

Same here after the Big Sur update almost everything is lagging, like for simple opening folders or files or unzipping them.
My MacBook is

1) MacBook Air early 2015 model
2) 1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
3) 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
4) Intel HD graphics 6000 1536 MB

Apple please resolve the issue. Thanks.
Same here:
Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro16,1
Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i9
Processor Speed: 2,3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 16 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 GB
System Firmware Version: 1554.80.3.0.0 (iBridge: 18.16.14347.0.0,0)

Same problem over here! I'm really getting crazy. I work a lot with Adobe Creative Suite. Normally I could have three programs open at the same time. Now I'm seeing the beach ball every 3 min with just one program open.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
4,2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
I've never ever had so many issues with my Mac. Software developers blame Apple! I've wearied them troubleshooting issues, but it is clearly Apple. Apple's own apps lag and crash! Anything big lags and crashes! All my professional software, DEVONThink 3, Tinderbox 8, Curio, Affinity Photo, or DeVinci Resolve crash in Big Sur. I start up the software and it's a crapshoot as to when I get the "app has Quit unexpectedly" and it's affecting my productivity at work. Sadly this is on an my new M1 so I have no idea of knowing if it's this is Apple's silicon or Big Sur??? 🤨. I really do not have the time to troubleshoot all these issues, so I'm just left feeling very soured with my M1 purchase. 😠

MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
MacOS Big Sur: 11.2.3 (20D91)
I found that connecting to a display of 1080p with the Retina display turned off fixes all lag issues of the Mac except the notification centre lag I would say it is an issue where Big Sur doesn't like the Retina display that much.
Shame on Apple, It seems there is a plan to force us to change to M1 terminals. Apple this is how you treat your users? asking them to throw away terminals having a market value of $1000-$2000? really?
You forced me to install Windows + bootcamp in my Macbook Pro 15" 2015 (i7, 32Gb)
Recommendation: Install bootcamp + Windows or continue being extremely unproductive with a $2000 terminal performing as a cheap $400 one.
FIXED for me after upgrading OS to Big Sur 11.2.3.
MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
Same here, Macbook pro 13 touch bar 2016, Bir Sur, slowed whole computer, i can see it while running thru apps, or the startup is slower than windows laptop with 4gb of ram, should i downgrade my OS?
16", i9, 32GB RAM, 5500M
Big Sur is still a mess. Lagging, application windows take 5-10 seconds to open (Apple Music, iMessage,...). System is swapping gigabytes of memory without any reason and trashing the SSD.
When mouse polling rate is above 250Hz, Window Server and AppleUserHID process cause very high CPU loads.
I reported all of those issues, they probably haven't even looked at it.

And the upcoming Xcode (12.5) forces us to use Big Sur. Great move Apple. Planned obsolescence is working as intended, huh?

Technically, CPU since core i 1st gen is more than enough for OS operation.

this is similar to iOS problem.
it is intention to slow down device + bad coding.
A loyal Mac user for 15 years, and in that time I’ve had 5 MBP15 and two MB Air. Upgrading to Big Sur significantly reduced the performance of my current laptop (functioning like new for the past 4 years) and has now brought it to a point where it is barely usable. Way to drop the ball apple, lack of response to this issue has my mind made up, my next setup will be any high end laptop (other than Apple), Ubuntu and i3.

You don’t innovate anymore and you treat your professional customers like they don’t matter. But Tim Apple keeps the stonks high so everyone is happy, right? Hope a selling fashion accessories keeps working out for you, so long and thanks for all the fish.
Same here, on OSX Big Sur 11.3

Before the update to Big Sur system startup and application startup was normal.  

Model Name: MacBook Pro
  Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,5
  Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7
  Processor Speed: 2,5 GHz
  Number of Processors: 1
  Total Number of Cores: 4
  L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
  L3 Cache: 6 MB
  Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
  Memory: 16 GB
  System Firmware Version: 427.0.0.0.0
  SMC Version (system): 2.30f2
Same! I'm so mad. I am virtually teaching and my MacBook is so slow about the dumb Big Sur that it's impossible to teach now. Apple needs to fix this soon!
Big same with Big Sur 11.3 update. Was using Catalina before and never had a problem. TouchBar has bad lag and is even unresponsive at times.

Macbook Pro 16" 2019
2,4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Same here after upgrading from Catalina to Big Sur 11.3.
Streaming videos lagging, Youtube, Apple TV app, Vimeo unwatchable. And if I switch resolution from Default to max, all windows start lagging, Finder, menus, apps, scrolling and typing text. I mean ***??
I always wait at least few months till they catch out all the bugs, but now it is almost next WWDC around the corner and I get unusable OS that converts my $4000 mac into a two decades old Acer??

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)
3,8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7
96 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5700 8 GB
Same here. My battery drains overnight. Slow system startup with ui lagging. Safari can't play full HD video stream...

Rolled back to Catalina two months ago and all was fine till today.

But today i had got the same except ui lagging on Catalina.... (Recently i had Catalina upgrade)

Model Name: MacBook Pro(2018)
Model Identifier: MacBookPro15,1
Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i7 (2.2 GHz)
Memory: 16 GB (2400 MHz DDR4)
Chipset Model: Intel UHD Graphics 630, Radeon Pro 555X
Battery: Service Recommended (first saw it today)
same i have the 2019 mac desktop with plenty of storage and yet since the update its been incredibly slow
Hi all,
I wonder what could be the issue, which cannot be solved since half year. I have same symptoms since updating to BigSur one month ago. Put all my hope into latest update to 11.3.1, but still issues. With Catalina, I never had such issues, even with my old MacBook from 2011 during the 9 years I was using it, I didn't have such massive performance issues. What goes wrong here?

Symptoms:
When starting simple applications, like safari, it takes minutes to complete. During that time, watching the activity monitor doesn't show any issues with cpu usage. I activated display of seconds at my clock and clock keeps ticking, I can move mouse and click on things in other applications, but it won't execute. Watching top on the console doesn't show any trouble. Where is the time spent? Maybe somewhere deep in the kernel? Then after a while, which feels like ages, system is ok again and executes the mousclicks and keyboard entries... If anybody from apple kernel development team is looking at this, please do something about it, it really sucks!

Modell: Macmini8,1 (Mac Mini 2018)
  CPU Type: Quad-Core Intel Core i3
  RAM: 8 GB

Thanks
AndyPie
Same here.
Just reinstalled OS X Catalina (that's the version before Big Sur). Finally got my laptop back in life! Having Big Sur for more than half a year was really painful, playing a video was laggy, and the laptop was hitting high temperatures even with fan spinning on max. It was also significantly slower with all other programs.

Strongly suggest to everyone to get some time to do this:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252046511
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macos-catalina/id1466841314?mt=12
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201372

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
2,7 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
I have a MacBook Pro 2016 13'
8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3
Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB

I'm having lag problems in App Store and Safari since day one of this update, and still it's almost a year of Big Sur and no fix at all.
I just can't understand why Catalina runs like flash and this one runs buggy... its a one year diference of update, not 5 or 4 years.

I'm going back to Catalina and wait for it to be fixed or just wait for the next major updated I guess.....
Wild funds
I wish I had read this topic earlier. Last week, I updated my MacBook to Big Sur. It is such a disappointment. All the apps are laggy and super slow, which deeply affects my work time. It took more than an hour to export a 2 mins clip in iMovie. It even stops responding when using Microsoft Office. I want my old macOS version back.
  • > Conclusion: Do not update to Big Sur.

P/s: I hope Apple will launch an update to fix these problems or else I need to find a way to use the older macOS version.

MacOS Big Sur Lagging

Q