MacOS Big Sur Lagging

Hello! Help please, after updating the system to Big Sur, my MacBook Pro 13 began to slow down, previously there were no such problems.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
2,7 GHz 2‑core processor Intel Core i5
8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

ANy news on lagging slow BIG SUR?
I have the 11.2.2 update and still lagging ... embarrassing no?

Updated to 11.2.3 only just now, the issue seems to have disappeared. Will give it a few more hours/days and see how it goes. But as the above users commented.. I do get the feeling that this has got something to do with the GPU. Occasionally when I open an Adobe app the screen will turn half black with weird marks. Will report back either way.
  1. .3 doesn't show as update for me yet?

I just experienced a good 2mn waiting to wake up (from automatic sleeping) .. when I thought it was finally going to show the screen (active screen) it showed again the wheel turning and a notification about a newspaper on my side ... then another 1mn to go back? Frustrating!
Just did the 11.2.3 update first impression not good but this could be due to the restarting after update ... though it started to show an invitation to put all the photos on the i-cloud whith the only choice was "continue" .. not great!

.. will see for the real problem ... tomoz!
Planned obsolescence. Don't update your Apple Product and they'll be fast forever.

My Apple MB Retina Late 2015 suffers from the same overall sluggish performance of Big Sur. Frequent "hangs" and overall non-fluent system performance.
It seems the waking up is faster but still some issues in showing >menus (drop-down lists) in some apps. ... it is very irregular though?
Same here. Beach ball of death repeatedly during the simplest tasks. 
It's often impossible to move a file between two Finder windows!

Fix it, Apple Corp! This is the worst quality issue that I've experienced during twenty years as a Mac user.

Mac OS 11.2.3
iMac (Retina 4K, 2019)
3 GHz 6-core Interl Core i5
8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB
After the .3 update the issue is still here unfortunately, I would say it's better, for whatever reasons, but still here. Noticeably when switching tabs in a browser, the black screen of death would pop up when I start or close Adobe software like Photoshop etc.. Given up literally, would just take it to the Store.
Took a good 40s to wake up ... and to get to this forum quite long too? but any request on google is very fast...
Waiting for a new Google laptop perhaps?
Same spec & same problems. The 11.2.3 update seems to have helped a bit so far? If not I may downgrade back to Catalina unless anyone thinks thats a bad idea.
Downgrade back to either Mojave or High Sierra. It's not worth keeping the latest macos for the features, too many problems
Only One Fix is Download Easyres App on App Store and put Resolution to Retina 1x 2048x1280.

Problem Solved.

now try lagging apps, like  tv, maximise and minimise apps.........

I have a similar issue. I have no major applications installed except Ableton Live 11 and Chrome. Scrolling through webpages is choppy and using Ableton is very choppy and laggy (Even with an empty arrangement). Performance is not the issue as I'm not even close to using these apps to the fullest extent.
  • Big Sur

• Macbook Pro (15-inch, 2017)

• 3.1 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

• 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

• Radeon Pro 560 4 GB

• Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB

• SSD

• FIX*

I had the exact same problem. Lag on Youtube, desktop videos and Adobe Premiere pro playback.

The answer is to reset the PRAM.

Press and holding the Command, Option, P, and R keys right as you turn the computer on for 20-30 seconds. You'll hear the startup sound twice over this time. After the second startup chime let go. It will chime for a third time and startup. Carry on as normal.

At least, this worked for my Macbook Pro 2015.
I had the same issue and finally managed to fix it, at least for me.

I have 2019 16" almost maxed out configuration MacBook Pro.
Everything was super smooth until I upgraded Mac OS to BigSur.
After upgrade all animations were lagging. Especially moving the windows around was very laggy and the issue was especially bad when I had external monitor connected.

I tried multiple things including SMC reset, NVRAM/PRAM reset etc. These helped a bit sometimes but the issue came back within minutes.
Finally what really worked was to completely factory reset my MacBook. I went to recovery mode and first erased all volumes and then reinstalled Big Sur. After fresh install the lag went away and everything is super smooth again, even with external monitors connected.

Can't say it will work for all, but for me it did the trick
The issue I am having is typing lag problems when using intel gpu.
I have Macbook pro 16" 2019.

The solution (until fixed by Apple) is to force the use of the more powerful, Discrete Graphics card in your MBP. Simply install a tool like Gfx Card status and make sure you set it to discrete only.

same on mba 2018. lagging into mission control like crazy. can we fix it?
Same issue, nothing is opened, and it takes like 5 minutes to open the settings.
Worst version ever.
same here
I am on a 2017 Air and just upgraded to Big Sur....messages is super slow and laggy, PLEASE APPLE FIX THIS!!!!
MBP 16 inch with a i9 and 5500m. I cant do any cpu intensive things without getting 6 fps on my Mac, this never happened on Catalina and I am very annoyed and im probably going to buy a windows laptop if this isn't fixed.
Same issue on my 13 inch 2019 4TB3 MacBook Pro
I5 8579U
16GB RAM
intel 655

it stutters even if I’m not doing nothing and switch desktop or resize a window, the weird thing is that sometimes it doesn’t happens and it is smooth.

I hope in 11.3 otherwise I think I’ll just downgrade to Catalina (although I really like the new UI)
Okay so i was having the same issue drove me nutz two hdmi external monitors with big slur brand new laptop... almost went back to a 5 year old laptop,,, the itermittent lagging was pissing me off very annoying... I research and tried all sorts of things like turning the auto switch graphics in battery settings... nothing... so i was about to wipe this thing and by habit just turned off all my cloud data backup ,,, pretty much anything to do with the icloud and programs sending / storing data to it i turned off now things are working... who the hell knows hope this helped... no lag.
Same problem on air 13-inch, Early 2015, i7, 8 Go 1600 MHz DDR3 with the update big sur 11.2.3. The only solution I've found is to open a new user session to improve the response of the finder
it's because of NVRAM or PRAM ..You just need to reset it .Google it hoe to reset NVRAM.Good to go.

a 3000€ mpb 16 that lags when the gpu is off, this is not acceptable. Any 500 € windows laptop currently delivers a smoother user experience... so annoying...
MacOS Big Sur Lagging

Q