MacOS Big Sur Lagging

Hello! Help please, after updating the system to Big Sur, my MacBook Pro 13 began to slow down, previously there were no such problems.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
2,7 GHz 2‑core processor Intel Core i5
8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
Mac book Pro Core i7, 16 GB RAM - the same problem.
Exstremaly SLOW
Just got off the phone with tech support. I was experiencing the same lag issue after upgrading my machine from Catalina to BigSur.

We first shutdown the machine and then restarted the machine in Safe Mode. (Hold Shift - Powered up - Let go of Shift once the Login screen appeared.)

Interestingly enough, we actually experienced some even slower activity when we explored machine functions in Safe Mode. Apple applications were working as they should - where they were not previously.

We shutdown down again. This time we reset the SMC. (Hold down Control + Option on left, Hold Shift on right. Hold for 7 seconds. Add holding the power button for another 7 seconds.)

Machine now seems to be functioning much better.
This is ridiculous. I can't get any of my work done and the computer is just so slow - nothing works!!! Apple, fix this now
Same here!
MacBook Pro late 2015
The mighty Fucing i7 !!!!!!
16 GB RAM
500 SSD
Dedicated video card.

And... so what!?!?

This is bu.......lllllll....s.........hoooootttttt!!!

This is unimaginable.
We are worst than Windows!!!!!

I reinstalled BigSur again from zero! Erased the HD and installed.
Restarted the SMC and the same s....h.....ioootototo!

When i browse Youtube is EXTREMLY LAGGY and JITTERY!
INUTILIZABLE!!!!!!

***!

When i preview a JPEG the animation of opening the image is jittery.

THIS IS THE SAME WHAT THEY DO WITH THE iOS till thei was caught cheating!

THEY SLOW DOWN THE MACHINE TO BUY ANOTHER ONE NEW!

P.S.
Sorry 4 my english!
IMac, 32GB

Updated a week ago and just yesterday it started to lag. So frustrating. I will try some of the fixes offered here.
Generally everything works slower. It also freeze for 15-20sec without any reason all the time. (opening new adres in Safari, opening Finder, opening Image Preview) Its really annoying! Of course I havent got those issues on 'Catalina', all starts after update to 'Big Sur'. It looks like 'Big Sur' is not ready yet, so if youre reading this before an update - think twice before you do it.

Spec: iMac / Late 2015 / i5 2,8GHz / 8 GB / Fusion HDD / Inter Iris Pro 6200 1536 MB

Waiting for an update or will definitely go back to Catalina soon.
Mine is lagging too. I regret updating my os. :(
same here, macbook pro 16" started lagging with core i9 16gb , i totally regret buying a mac, i am a new user to apple, i tried to sell it but nobody wants it, It was a mistake, everything doesn't work as it supposed to, yeah the screen is amazing and the mousepad is great but i use a mouse and i use a monitre to do my wrok, ah apple.. Wish you were smarter .. its been 8 months now and still, i am trying to adapt, I will never buy from apple again, you guys are good with advertisment, and people fall victam for your products, i fall, my productivity fall, i can't focus on my tasks anymore, it was a waste of money.
Same here ! Macbook pro 13 inch (early 2015)

OS becomes slow, A lot of lag while multitasking. I have to keep monitor my application and close unwanted, I didn't do that in previous versions of OS.

bigsur was a big mistake for me.
Same here. MacOS seems very laggy now. Windows on bootcamp is way faster on boot than Apple's macOS itself. I regret I upgrade, no easy way to downgrade. I hope Apple will release an update/fix for this.
Big sur is a wrong name. Bug Sur is the best fit.
#BUGSUR
Let's make this a trend so apple notice this and provide a fix.
Hey guys,
I have the same problem since big sur. Have you tried already the Apple Hardware Test (start Mac and hold D) ? Do you get any problem reports there?

Best regards
Good job apple for slowing down old macs.
New sales coming in.
My iMac 2019 is also running slow, switching back to Catalina.
Very Much Disappointed!!!

Same issue facing in mac book pro mid 2014.
return back to Mojave.
big surv flop for me.
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)
Same problem, Big Sur is really slow...
Please fix the bug(s) or remove the feature(s) which are the root cause of this issue.
My MacBook Air was running super smooth when I installed Big Sur updates.

Now I can't be sure whether the browser will return the webpage without hanging

whether the YouTube video won't hang if I start a fullscreen

whether any app will start in one go

whether I will be able to do a proper shutdown and not have to Long press power button

This is so much NOT APPLE.

STEVE JOBS please come back
my macbook pro 2015 has the same problem I've tried to reinstall but it didn't help.
everything is sooooo laaaaagggggyyyyy
I was really an apple fan for about 5 years but I'm starting to think mayba I should swich back to windows :( sad
Mac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015)
  1. GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200 1536 MB

Same here. Everything is slower, even typing here!
“solved” for me :

Had the same using a late 2014 27” iMac. Lagging for each and every action. Spinning wheels. Slow boot.

i ended up reinstalling from scratch (no time machine restore) and now it works perfectly. I suspect it has something to do with the Fusion Drive : could
it be that the OS files ended up on the mechanical drive ?

pain in the *** anyway. First time since 2008 that I had to reinstall from scratch.
Same here. No reason for my computer to feel like it's 5 years old. It's 2020 13" 2Ghz i5 10th-gen with 32GB RAM. Absolutely ridiculous to have this terrible performance. I don't want to move to the M1 processor when they don't even have a real pro version.
2015 MBP IntelIris Pro i7:

Really regretting upgrading to BigSur, lots of hangs and lags, video playback on the web often won't work. Motion and FCP are useless and I have deadlines to complete.

I am assuming this is because of the divorce between Intel and Apple. Well, the kids are feeling hurt and we need GPU dev updates ASAP to fix things.

Downgrading to Catalina is risky and time consuming. Are there any plans to address these issues Apple?
I waited 8 months before upgrading to Big Sur, to give time for any teething problems to be ironed out

Yet here we are, nearly a year after release and *still* this OS is an utter junk.
What are you doing Apple? You built your brand on 'it just works' but now it's even less reliable than Windows.

Constant hanging, any sort of filesystem access seems orders of magnitude slower than it used to be, and I can't tell you how many times Big Sur has fully locked up, and I've had to do a hard reboot by cutting power. Extensive diagnostics show no obvious problems, no drive issues, no RAM issues.

Think I'm done with OSX. As a Developer it used to be great, but the advantages have been systematically eroded over the years, and now OSX seems to offer nothing but annoyances and horrible performance

Hello,

I'm having the same problem on my MacBook Air, attributable to BigSur as I did not experience these issues prior to the install: Web search takes MINUTES to provide results, email takes MINUTES to open, Pages take MINUTES to load.

Please help with easy fix, as I'm looking to get on with my work and have limited time and knowledge on how to fix these issues.
I have a macbook pro 2018, since the update to big sur, EVERYTHING runs slow. Every program hangs the application. I see the activity monitor showing 84% of CPU usage is idle but there is an application kernelmanagerd going up to 150%.... Increible! The performance of this computer now feels like a computer with intel celeron
MacOS Big Sur Lagging

Q