MacOS Big Sur Lagging

Hello! Help please, after updating the system to Big Sur, my MacBook Pro 13 began to slow down, previously there were no such problems.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
2,7 GHz 2‑core processor Intel Core i5
8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB
I rolled back to Cataline. Bug Sur is like Windows Vista
Short answer: search "Chrome is bad" and follow the steps.
Doing the procedure literally solved the situation, since resetting SMC and VRAM and reinstalling Mac OS did little to nothing.
Same problem here. Just wretchedly slow.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports)
  1. GHz Dual-core Intel core i5

8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
I had the same issue with MacBook Pro 15” 2016 after upgrading from Mojave (intentionally skipped Catalina) to Big Sur. Everything was lagging (Finder, iStat Menus, video playback, web browsing, etc.) until I reset the SMC. It works.
Same issue here. Turning off automatic graphics switching and SMC reset did not help.
Big Sur is horrible. Apple's worst OS yet.

Big Sur is buggy and super slow and spends more time lagging than it does working.

Additionally, it's compatible with nothing: My 3D mouse doesn't work with it, and neither do either of my printers.

And resetting the SMC on an iMac does not help the problem, at all.

Get it together, Apple!
I just installed Big Sur 11.1 (I have been holding on to Catalina for the last weeks) and I can tell the difference.

The system feels incredibly laggy. UI bugs, slow user experience and it definitely does not feel polished at all.

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
Processor: 2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Memory: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB // AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
PATHETIC do I really have to wait 7 seconds (!) to change from one window / app to another?
Catalina was smooth. Its finder was slow but BIG SUR IS A BIG FAIL.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
2,5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
bug sure.

MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2020)
CPU: 1.1 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i3 (Turbo Boost -> 3.2 GHz)
RAM: 8 GB 3733 MHz LPDDR4X
Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB

The control center is like 20 fps lol
I am installing Catalina back and wait for Big Sur's improvements. Duh
I was hoping big sur 11.1 gonna fix this problem but no. So sad are they even addressing that it has problems? I'm feeling they just ignoring us
Same here. Installed Big Sur 11.1 on my MacBook Pro 13” mid 2014. Too slow to do anything. tried resetting SMC, didn’t work. Tried reinstalling from recovery, didn’t work.
Tried clean install, still slow.

Rolling back to Catalina and is back lightning fast just as it is supposed to be.
I have Imac
32gb ram 1 tb ssd 4gb vram etc.

It was really powerful. I did lots of design works and filming etc, in 2 years. 2 weeks before I upload Big Sur and I format it today. but it was also painfully caused by the disc system is a chance to another one and sierra cannot format that format. And I forced to recover too big sur again..

I hope they will fix fast..
Same here, after updated to macOS Big Sur, everything is slowed down. Even using finder open folders I have to wait for seconds... Very disturbing. Hope Apple can fix this ASAP.

#MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)

Same slow down experience on iMac. What a mess.
Losing a lot of productive time waiting on the computer to react.
This is costing people who use their computer for work and to make a living a lot of money and is not a good look for Apple.
This should definitely not be happening in todays world and is disappointing.
Hello,
Same problem for me :
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15 pouces, fin 2013)
2,3 GHz Intel Core i7 quatre cœurs
16 Go 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 Go
Intel Iris Pro 1536 Mo

Behaviour: When using the finder, the **** freezes for a few seconds (about 10 seconds) and a rainbow wheel turns. I then find my hand on the **** again.
This also happens when navigating in a directory with several files (pagination).
Finally, the launching of several applications is very bad (VLC, finder, preview).

Conclusion: if you need feedback, please contact me, developers.
For information, I was in the beta of Big Sur on this same mac.
I have 4700€ iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019, 3,6 Ghz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 64 GH 2667 Mhz DDR4) and this Big Sur has made everything extremely SLOW!! :( Using finder and Preview-app in it is PAINFULLY SLOW!! And newest Photoshop 2021 also works very slow. This is big pain in the ***, I should be doing big photo edits to my customers etc. Apple, get yourself together!!!!! We are waiting for and update to fix these!!!
Upon upgrading to Big Sur, I had the same issue on my MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports), 2.5 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM. Lots of lagging on anything graphics related. Even simple text prompts or context changes were lagging on the order of 2-3 seconds.

Resetting the SMC fixed the issue for my machine!

A little odd, though, that my MacBook only began lagging after 2 weeks of using Big Sur. I hope Apple can patch this up soon. Quite the sizeable bug :/
I’m so ****** 😤over two months and still no update from apple? Lagging 10 seconds when I open Finder and lots of other actions. MacBook Pro 2013

unacceptable
Same problem here on my 2017 27" iMac with 16GB RAM! It was snappy with everything I did on Catalina, but it is garbage now with the Big Sur update. Takes longer to boot, is laggy to browse the file explorer, and simply saving an image in my GIMP photo editing app- which was almost instantaneous before the update- now takes 30 seconds or so.

I really want to roll back to Catalina!
My MacOS was very slow too after upgrading from Catalina to BigSur.

However, I followed the instructions on the site below and the problem was eliminated.

techsviewer.com/macos-big-sur-slow-fixes-here

You have to install the App "cleanmymac" in order to follow the instructions above and uninstall some old apps and services that are consuming your CPU and memory.

Best Regards,
Jocafi
2019 Macbook Pro 16' here.
Even keyboard input go SLOWER!
It's not a good idea to let people buy new M1 devices by doing this thing to old users!
Angry for this kind of behaviour, i think lots of people will go back to windows.
OMG. I wrote yesterday here about the site techsviewer.com and the use of the App "cleanmymac". However it solved the problem only for one day. Now the MacOS Big Sur is very very slow again.

The CPU consume is sometimes high and sometimes low. The process "WindowsServer" consumes sometimes 50% of trhe CPU. WindowStats also.

It is impossible to make my work (Software Development and hear Youtube music) like this.

If this s*** continues I will install Catalina OS and skip Big Sur forever.
Same here,

Macbook Pro from 2015, worked perfectly with Catalina. Now with Big Sur graphic in Sketch Up and other 3d programmes is lagging. Does anyone know if there is an update on it's way? It would be nice with an official responce to this problem - Apple, are you listening?

/architect
Yes!! After Big Sur update, my MacBook Air 2020 and iMac 2015 are running extremely slow! Everything takes a long time to open!

Also, my iPhone is running slower as well after the update. I have no clue what Apple did or if they are just slacking, but I suggest they use their half a trillion dollars in reserve to fix this!
2019 Macbook Pro 16' here.
Keyboard is really really slow almost impossible to work.
MacOS Big Sur Lagging

Q