USB hub failing under Monterey

Anyone seeing trouble with external USB hubs after installing the Monterey developer beta?

I have an ikling FX-1940E hub that I've been using with my M1 MacBook Air. Everything worked fine under Big Sur, and still does on another machine still running Big Sur, but I can't connect a trackball or keyboard via the hub's USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports to the Air since installing Monterey. The hub's VGA port still works on Monterey; I haven't been able to test the other ports yet. Also, a different hub (with fewer ports, so it can't simply replace the ikling) does work.

I've reported the issue to Apple using the feedback assistant. Any suggestions for anything else I can do at my end?

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of eurobubba Down vote post of eurobubba
95k views
  • Hi,

After upgrade to Monterey, latest public beta (21A5506j), PD over usb-c from my monitor (Philips 346P1CRH/00) doesn't work as well.

Apple please help!

• Looks like most comments here are with MacBook and the M1. I have a been running a duel monitor set up with my MacBook Pro (intel) for years without issue on the MacOS Beta program. It wasn't until I just upgraded to release 8 that the monitors are no longer detected. I have not been able to find a workaround so any help would be appreciated.

• PD (Power Delivery) over USB-C also stopped working on my MBP 2018 after updating to Monterey (12.0.1). I use a Philips 346P1CRH. Everything was working flawlessly with Big Sur.

Replies

I have GreenCell USB-C hub, which I want to work with Power-Delivery, Samsung T5 drive, and graphic tablet on usb-A. Even though I am able to get T5 running, the only way I can use tablet is to disconnect everything, and plug the tablet to MB m1 air through USB-C DIRECTLY, which is a shame, since I am a full time teacher, working from home, and I am unable to utilise 27'external display while using tablet simultaneously. It was ok on Big Sur, and stopped working with first Monterey beta, and persistent through all of 9 of them, and finally this bug/issue is still present on Monterey RC.

Same problem here - only things from my hub that seem to work are the power over usb C cable and the HDMI Everything worked fine before the Monterey update... (M1 MacBook Pro)

Me pasa lo mismo, con la actualización no me funcionan los USB de mi Hub

• Pues vamos listos! :-(

Add a Comment

I have an HTC 8-1 USB Hub and Ethernet used to work with Big Sur but now it's not (HDMI works well though)

• I have the same hub and none usb port works, neither microsd or SD

Add a Comment

Still broken on latest version of Monterey Mac mini m1, wish apple had some sort of disclaimer like "this will ***** you hard". The M1 Mac mini only has 2 USB ports

Hi, After upgrade to Monterey, version 12.0.1 (MacBook Pro M1)

USB-C hub did not work!!!

Any solution?

Thank!

I have the same problem with my MacBook Air M1, my BenQ XL2411P monitor worked perfectly with my usb-c hub connected to HDMI on Big Sur OS, after this Monterey 12.0.1 update it keeps blinking showing that it is connected and soon after 5 seconds it disconnects

• The same issues

• Same here. Macbook Air M1 Monterey 12.1 > Usb c hub > HDMI > external monitor. The monitor shows content for 5 seconds and then goes black. I tried several solutions, nothing worked. Please help

Add a Comment

I have Imac 24 M1 which i bought 10 days ago and when I upgraded to moneterey, all USB ports stopped working.. so I cant even charge the mouse using a cable!

im having the same problem, all USB ports on my hub doesn't work after updating to Monterey os ,

On release build, same here on AOC 24P2C (AOC is Phillips Partner) everything works except USB-C PD. Downgrade to 11.6.1 doesn't resolve the issue so I need to downgrade it to 11.6.

• Yep, I updated to 11.6.1 from 11.6, now my power delivery is broken.

Add a Comment

I just bought a new adapter. now it works... (TSUPY USB C Adapter 12 in 1) :)

Same problem here. MBA M1, all USB ports on hub not working after upgraded to Monterey 12.0.1 😕

• The same issue

Add a Comment

Yeah i use GreenCell 7w1 and my audio interface and midi devices do not work on it, interestingly both of my HDDs work (although only one at a time, connected to USB3 port)

Same problem for my WiWU Alpha 513HVP USB-C hub. It works well on Big Sur, but it cannot detect my Apple Keyboard once I upgraded my OS to Monterey. However, the USB port can detect my USB stick operating at USB 3.0.

Tested with other hubs, it works again. It is likely the OS no longer supports some hubs.

Yesterday I updated from 11.6.0 to 11.6.1. Now the USB power delivery via my Philips 346P1CRH/01 does not work anymore. USB C hub still works but no USB-C PD.

I have a MacBook Pro 16" (2019).