Xcode 13.1 will gets "stuck" on iOS Monterey/ New 2021 pro

I have been trying to download Xcode 13.1 on the new 16" MacBook pro-2021, with iOS Monterey and it keeps getting stuck at the very end. I have tried restarting and redownloading it on my computer, but it keeps getting stuck. Is anyone else having this issue? There should be no reason that Xcode won't run on the new M1 Pro chips, so I am wondering if it is an issue with iOS Monterey.

TIA!

• FWIW, I have the same problem and I am working with Big Sur (11.6.1.) on an intel-based system. So I don't think the problem has anything to do with Monterey or the M1 chipset.

For me, it's hanging at about 97% complete. I'm unable to stop the install/upgrade (I did have the prior version already installed on this laptop). A reboot of the system had no effect on the problem.

• Same on a 2020 Intel MB Pro 13" on MacOS 12.0.1. Tried uninstalling Xcode (worked for me in the past with similar issues with apps installed via the App Store) but now the App Store still shows it partly downloaded.

• Intel-based Big Sur here with same issue. I installed another app at the same time and it hung as well. After rebooting, the other app said it was done but Xcode was still hung.

Replies

1: For a quick fix install DaisyDisk or any other app that can easily tell the size of the SSD folders go to private

2: keep looking folder with the 12GB size above you can have the copy of the Xcode download from the App store and make a copy of it xxxx.pkg to your desktop below is mine

3: Use Activity Monitor to cancel the pending install process (Force Quit) note this will automatically delete the downloaded Xcode file from the App store so open the copped file to confirm if it Xcode before (Force Quit)

4: Now open the copy of the Xcode file in Step 2 to start the new installation process

Set the clock to your current timezone and try again.