Reality Converter - Unlit Material

Hi,

I'm struggling to find a way to get a simple Unlit Material working with Reality Composer.

With all the standard objects, it doesn't seem like we have the option of an unlit material which seems really odd to me... This is kind of a basic feature.

The only way I was able to get an unlit material inside RealityConverter was to import a mesh without material and I was getting a white unlit material.

I have seen that you can set an unlit material using RealityKit but from what I saw RealityKit builds an app at the end right? Honestly, I'm not sure what you get when creating an AR app using RealityKit...What I'm looking for is a simple .reality file to be displayed on the web.

Replies

I think you can drag and drop images into RealityComposer which are then essentially rendered like a plane with an Unlit Material, but afaik you can not set an Unlit Material for existing models explicitly via Reality Composer.

• Thanks for the quick reply Arthur! Ah yes, I'm aware of the image import into Reality Composer! But sometimes we need 3D elements that are unlit!

If I create a project in Xcode with RealityKit, can I build the project into a .reality file?

• Hi Daniel, yep that's a valid usecase. I'm afraid though there is no way to export your scene from RealityKit into a .reality file – at least I none that I know of. This would probably be a good candidate to file a feedback radar for. What should maybe work is editing and saving your USDZ file (if you have one) in the Xcode scene editor which should support Unlit Materials via the emissive channel.

• Hi there, Arthur and Daniel:

Any advance with this issue? I'm trying to deal with the same problem you describe.

Thanks for your time!

Add a Comment