Does Family Sharing for IAP and subscriptions work in TestFlight?

If an app has a subscription (or IAP) with family sharing enabled, will beta testers in TestFlight be able to test that functionality?

I’m working on an app that includes family sharing for IAP, and I highlight family sharing in the paywall. However, my testers are reporting that they do not get the entitlement when a family member purchases the IAP. I’m trying to determine if I’m making an error in my code. The family sharing tech talk indicates that no special treatment is required in the app, so I’m wondering if this is just a limitation of the TestFlight store environment.

Accepted Reply

Family Sharing is not supported in Sandbox and TestFlight. But you are correct, your app will detect purchases the same way for a purchasing customer or the family member. Just ensure your app is always listening for transactions as soon as the app launches via TransactionObserver or transaction.updates.

Replies

Family Sharing is not supported in Sandbox and TestFlight. But you are correct, your app will detect purchases the same way for a purchasing customer or the family member. Just ensure your app is always listening for transactions as soon as the app launches via TransactionObserver or transaction.updates.