App Store Connect Operation Error

Hello, I am having trouble uploading my app to the App Store Connect. I have uploaded the same app several times before but today its showing this error:

The app references non-public selectors in Payload/Runner.app/Frameworks/webview_flutter.framework/webview_flutter: initWithFrame:configuration:, isMainFrame, setNavigationDelegate:, targetFrame, userContentController With error code STATE_ERROR.VALIDATION_ERROR.50 for id 4e50137e-2378-492a-83f7-08cc856c7520

I have not change anything that has to do with the webview_flutter dependency since the last upload.

I created an issue and they told me that I should contact apple since everything on that list is a public, documented selector.

Issue link: https://github.com/flutter/flutter/issues/105472

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of lauralarez Down vote post of lauralarez
12k views

Replies

I've been having essentially the exact same error all day today trying to validate a Cordova app that worked fine in the past. Here are the errors I'm getting:

App Store Connect Operation Error Your app contains non-public API usage. Please review the errors, correct them, and resubmit your application.

App Store Connect Operation Error The app references non-public selectors in Payload: applicationNameForUserAgent, initWithFrame:configuration:, isMainFrame, navigationDelegate, navigationType, setNavigationDelegate:, setProcessPool:, targetFrame, userContentController

I've removed any suspect plugins down to the core plugins: Camera, Device, File, and Geolocation, which are all established plugins, but no matter what, the exact same errors above persist every time I submit the app from XCode for validation. And all versions and tools are up to date.

If this is just a bug on Apple's side, I'll scream, as I've spent all day battling this error and can't find any way to fix it.

• Are you updating WKWebViewConfiguration.applicationNameForUserAgent? If so, try updating WKWebView.customUserAgent instead and see if that works for you. (See my comments below.)

Add a Comment

I have the same error. Anyone have a solution?

My case is related to this line (targetFrame and isMainFrame): https://github.com/swordray/JXWebViewController/blob/90516d0a1a68ad77d113e7acfb687929b3121dcf/JXWebViewController/Classes/JXWebViewController.swift#L133

Thanks.

I also started receiving the same error messages. Using Cordova as well, and last submitted to the store on June 1st

There's another thread with many people having the same problem, it's not just us:

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/127678

I'm getting:

"App Store Connect Operation Error The app references non-public selectors in Payload: applicationNameForUserAgent, initWithFrame:configuration:, isMainFrame, navigationDelegate, navigationType, setNavigationDelegate:, setProcessPool:, targetFrame, userContentController"

I have code where I'm updating WKWebViewConfiguration.applicationNameForUserAgent="...". I replaced that with this (to update the user agent): WKWebView.customUserAgent="..." and resubmitted my app as another build and it was accepted without error. I also use "initWithFrame:configuration:" and "setNavigationDelegate:" with WKWebView but I didn't change any of that code but my second build was still accepted - so who knows.

Today, it is my first day to try to upload my app on app store connect and this error is occurred.

I have the same error in an app where I use these third party:

'Firebase/Analytics' 'Google Mobile Ads SDK' 'GoogleMobileAdsMediationFacebook'

Without these third party providers the build is accepted.

Therefore, I think Apple has made an adjustment to the validation where these or just one of these third party provider has not yet been optimized for.

Hi,

Message from Apple: "The issue has been resolved on the app validation backend. Please try resubmitting. Sorry for the trouble."

Thanks.

• Thanks for the good news. It's resolved in my case too now.

• That's right, it works again.

Add a Comment

Hi All, I've tried again the same archive to be uploaded without any change and it worked, so it's true it was something in the back-end validation from apple. Thanks @prsolucoes

Still seeing this "non-public selectors" issue in September 2022 for the following: "isPassthrough, newSocketQueueForConnectionFromAddress:onSocket:, onSuccess:, relativeSize, removeValuesForKeys:completion:, socket:didAcceptNewSocket:, socket:didConnectToHost:port:, socket:didConnectToUrl:, socket:didReadData:withTag:, socket:didReadPartialDataOfLength:tag:, socket:didReceiveTrust:completionHandler:, socket:didWriteDataWithTag:, socket:didWritePartialDataOfLength:tag:, socket:shouldTimeoutReadWithTag:elapsed:bytesDone:, socket:shouldTimeoutWriteWithTag:elapsed:bytesDone:, socketDidCloseReadStream:, socketDidDisconnect:withError:, socketDidSecure:, spanArray, spanArray_Count, strikeThrough, underline"

• facing the same issue

Add a Comment

Same error here: "isPassthrough, newSocketQueueForConnectionFromAddress:onSocket:, removeValuesForKeys:completion:, setHighlightsToday:, socket:didAcceptNewSocket:, socket:didConnectToHost:port:, socket:didConnectToUrl:, socket:didReadData:withTag:, socket:didReadPartialDataOfLength:tag:, socket:didReceiveTrust:completionHandler:, socket:didWriteDataWithTag:, socket:didWritePartialDataOfLength:tag:, socket:shouldTimeoutReadWithTag:elapsed:bytesDone:, socket:shouldTimeoutWriteWithTag:elapsed:bytesDone:, socketDidCloseReadStream:, socketDidDisconnect:withError:, socketDidSecure:"

I'm also seeing the same issue with RealmSwift

App Store Connect Operation Error The app references non-public selectors in Payload/Docu Tools 3.app/Frameworks/RealmSwift.framework/RealmSwift: get:

App Store Connect Operation Error The app references non-public selectors in Payload/Docu Tools 3.app/Docu Tools 3: redoAction:, rotateAction:, saveAction:, transform:, undoAction:

App Store Connect Operation Error The app references non-public selectors in Payload/Docu Tools 3.app/Frameworks/Realm.framework/Realm: authenticationDidCompleteWithError:, get:

Getting same error, though not mentioning RealmSwift specifically (app does use it):

The app references non-public selectors in Payload/IgCares.app/IgCares: authenticationDidCompleteWithError:

Have not updated anything about app except making some storyboard/UI updates. Last build was accepted and approved by apple.

Getting this error, React-native App. The app references non-public selectors in Payload/.app/: getAuthorizationStatus:, isPassthrough, newSocketQueueForConnectionFromAddress:onSocket:, onSuccess:, removeValuesForKeys:completion:, socket:didAcceptNewSocket:, socket:didConnectToHost:port:, socket:didConnectToUrl:, socket:didReadData:withTag:, socket:didReadPartialDataOfLength:tag:, socket:didReceiveTrust:completionHandler:, socket:didWriteDataWithTag:, socket:didWritePartialDataOfLength:tag:, socket:shouldTimeoutReadWithTag:elapsed:bytesDone:, socket:shouldTimeoutWriteWithTag:elapsed:bytesDone:, socketDidCloseReadStream:, socketDidDisconnect:withError:, socketDidSecure:

Hi I am getting the same error message but for UnityFramework.framework/UnityFramework: applicationWillFinishLaunchingWithOptions:, didReceiveRemoteNotification:, loadPlugin