Xcode 15 Beta Stuck on preparing iphone simulator for previews

Hiya,

I am having issues trying to use previews in the xcode 15 beta, i am using an M2 macbook air with 8gb of ram.

I am using MacOS Sonoma and iOS 17.0 Beta 1 and am struggling using previews, the base simulator works but no previews.

I am not receiving any error so am very confused.

Any help would be majorly appreciated.

Thanks, Gus

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of gusbunce Down vote post of gusbunce
2.3k views
  • Guys, I have same problem, could someone solve this problem? Xcode Version 15.0 (15A240d), m1, 8/256, ram more 80% error: Timed out waiting for launch/connect to Preview Shell after 30.0 seconds. Simulator - iOS 17.0 | iphonesimulator | arm64 | iPhone 13 | no proxy

Add a Comment

Replies

Hi,

Sorry to hear you are having problems getting previews working. Best next step will be to file a feedback with diagnostics so we can take a look. We will need the diagnostics Xcode Previews generates in order to make sure we understand the error the previews system is encountering.

If you are having issues with macOS, catalyst or on-device iOS previews then download and install the logging profile for your device. Instructions and profiles are available here: https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/profiles-and-logs/?name=swift
Attach the sysdiagnose to the bug report as well as the diagnostics using the instructions below.

Then when you get an error in Xcode Previews, an error banner appears in the canvas

1. Click the "Diagnostics" button in that banner (or if the banner is missing you can use the menu: Editor > Canvas > Diagnostics)
  2. In the sheet that appears, click "Generate Report" in the bottom left of the sheet
  3. Attach (or make from the folder) the resulting zip file to the bug (will be named something like previews-diagnostics-0123456789.zip)

Did you find a solution to this? I am using Xcode 15.0 now and I am having the same issue of the iPhone Simulator Preview not loading. I have uninstalled and reinstalled (and cleared caches before installing) and I can not get it to work.

• Did you figure it out?

Add a Comment

Did you tried to remove derives data ? You can nor see if XCode is trying to build/start fir preview by Clocking in the circle ⭕️ on top of window : it show the list of process that XCode is doing (indexing, comp for preview, starting simulator…) tou can also try to change the selected output on the preview tab in the bottom when it enable it (sometime you can choose : currently i did not managed to understand when)