Custom redeemable voucher code for lower subscription price

Hello,

I have an application with features that I would like to lock for users without a subscription. My client would like to give voucher codes for influencers to spread it for their users. In the application there is a section for buy the subscription with an input field to enter the voucher code. In the app store I've set up a Subscription Group with 2 different subscription. Both are annual subscription but they have different prices.

• premium_full 2$
  • premium_gift 1$

The mechanism: We have a database where we store the custom voucher codes. When the user wants to buy the subscription with a valid entered voucher code, then in the application I choose the subscription plan with the lower price. The IAP is handled by Revenuecat.

It is important to use custom and re-usable codes since we need to benchmark how many times they have been used.

This scenario works on the "other" platform but I found out via App review that it is not an acceptable approach.

Can you suggest an example how should I change the functionality to keep the desired mechanism?

Thanks!

Custom redeemable voucher code for lower subscription price

Q