ITMS-90725: SDK version issue (iOS 17 SDK)

Hi guys, need some help on this issue when I submit my testing app to TestFlight using GitHub Actions and Fastlane, I get this warning from App Store Connect:

We noticed one or more issues with a recent delivery for the following app:

Although delivery was successful, you may want to correct the following issues in your next delivery. Once you've corrected the issues, upload a new binary to App Store Connect.

ITMS-90725: SDK version issue - This app was built with the iOS 16.2 SDK. Starting April 29, 2024, all iOS and iPadOS apps must be built with the iOS 17 SDK or later, included in Xcode 15 or later, in order to be uploaded to App Store Connect or submitted for distribution.

I am using React Native CLI, and Fastlane to run and build my app through Github Actions. After scouring around, from what I understood was that all I needed to do was just to update my Xcode and iOS SDK to the latest, which I did.

Currently my Xcode is 15.2 and iOS SDK is on 17 already. However, I still receive this warning whenever I submit my app. Is it something that I need to resolve on my end or?

Answered by emd in 781570022

Ran into this same issue

Had to update the runner to macos-13

macos-latest defaults to version 12 which does not support xcode 15

I ran into this same issue, the problem was with github actions.

We had our runner set to macos-latest. This uses macos version 12 which does not support xcode version 15.

Had to update the runs-on to macos-13 and in our Fastfile we specify the version of code to 15.2.

Accepted Answer

Ran into this same issue

Had to update the runner to macos-13

macos-latest defaults to version 12 which does not support xcode 15

Yes, I managed to resolve it too by updating the runner image. Was using macos-latest as well. However, I did not specify the version code to 15.2 in Fastlane, what I did was use https://github.com/marketplace/actions/setup-xcode-version to select the Xcode version in GitHub Actions.

You can tun this on macos-latest-large which will support Xcode 15 and above.

ITMS-90725: SDK version issue (iOS 17 SDK)

Q