Generating 5.5-inch iPhone Screenshots for App Store Submission (Xcode 17.4)

Hi everyone,

I'm working on submitting my app to the App Store and need to capture screenshots for the 5.5-inch iPhone display size (iPhone 6 Plus, 7 Plus, and 8 Plus). Unfortunately, Xcode 17.4 doesn't offer simulators for these devices.

I've searched Apple's support resources but haven't found any solutions. Would anyone have suggestions on how to generate the required 5.5-inch screenshots for App Store submission?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies

Welcome to the forum.

Xcode 17.4 does not exist yet…

Is it Xcode 15.4 ? Or more likely iOS 17.4 ?

In any case, you can set temporarily the target to iOS 16.0 instead of 17.4 (that will be useful in addition for all users who have not yet or cannot upgrade to 17).

Then you will be able to generate for iPhone 8 Plus.

Many thanks for your prompt response! I'll give those methods a try right away. It's quite perplexing that Apple required me to download iOS Simulator 17.4 to compile my build, yet it doesn't support generating 5.5-inch screenshots. Any thoughts on this discrepancy?

Hi, I've tried.. that doesn't work neither with simulator 16.0 nor with 16.4...I will try with 17.2 now Does one day apple will care about developper.. any suggestion ?