What are some other actionable items I can do, so that I can get through "Guideline 4.3(a) - Design - Spam" app update rejection?

I have an app which is in the app store since 2022.

It is an app with combined features of note taking, todo list and calendar.

My most recent app update is rejected with the following message.

Guideline 4.3(a) - Design - Spam

We noticed your app shares a similar binary, metadata, and/or concept as apps submitted to the App Store by other developers, with only minor differences.

Submitting similar or repackaged apps is a form of spam that creates clutter and makes it difficult for users to discover new apps.

Next Steps

Since we do not accept spam apps on the App Store, we encourage you to review your app concept and submit a unique app with distinct content and functionality.

Resources

Some factors that contribute to a spam rejection may include:

• Submitting an app with the same source code or assets as other apps already submitted to the App Store
  • Creating and submitting multiple similar apps using a repackaged app template
  • Purchasing an app template with problematic code from a third party
  • Submitting several similar apps across multiple accounts

Learn more about our requirements to prevent spam in App Review Guideline 4.3(a).

Support

• Reply to this message in your preferred language if you need assistance. If you need additional support, use the Contact Us module.
  • Consult with fellow developers and Apple engineers on the Apple Developer Forums.
  • Help improve the review process or identify a need for clarity in our policies by suggesting guideline changes.

I reply the reviewer with the following message.

Hi,

I am writing to appeal the rejection of my app, ***. I would like to emphasize the unique aspects of *** that distinguish it from other apps in the market:

• Integrated Functionality: Unlike most apps that are standalone note-taking, to-do, or calendar apps, *** uniquely combines all three functions into a single app.

• Extensive Calendar Features: *** includes a comprehensive calendar feature covering holidays in 250 countries and 3,680 states and provinces, a rare and valuable feature.

• Chinese Lunar Calendar: Our app includes a Chinese Lunar Calendar, which is highly appreciated in the Taiwanese market, adding a culturally specific feature not commonly found in other apps.

• Organizational Tools: *** allows unlimited tabs and colors for organizing notes, surpassing many competitors who offer limited color options.

• Flexible Viewing and Sorting Modes: Users can choose from four viewing modes (Grid, Compact Grid, List, Compact List) and five sorting modes (Modified Time, Created Time, Alphabet, Color, Check, Reminder), enhancing the user experience by providing flexibility and customization.

• No Character Limit: Our design supports notes of any length without character limitations, unlike many apps that impose restrictions.

• Organized To-Do Lists: Completed to-do items are automatically moved to the bottom, keeping the list clean and organized, a feature that sets us apart from other apps.

• Rich Attachments: *** supports unlimited picture attachments, drawing attachments, and voice recordings for notes, offering more versatility than many other apps.

• Advanced Security: *** offers 3 different kinds of password lock mechanisms to protect note privacy, ensuring users have multiple options for securing their information.

• Powerful Reminders: Our app includes highly customizable reminders that can repeat daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly, making it easy for users to stay on top of their tasks and appointments.

Due to the character limits of this form, I cannot list all the unique features of ***. Please refer to our product description for a comprehensive overview.

We are proud of our 5k user reviews with an average rating of 4.8, reflecting user satisfaction with ***'s unique features.

Here's are some of the recent reviews. (United states only. Please kindly contact me to obtain full list of the reviews)

by ??? – Jun 14, 2024 omg i cannot explain how much i love *** like unlike the boring notes app this one is actually fun to use and rlly easy and i rlly like the fonts, color, to do list, calandar that can remind you like every day, week, month, and year like omg?!?!? i love *** and this app is going in like my "I 💖U" folder like tysm for making *** idk what i would do without it like omg tysm i cant explain in words how much i love it💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

by ??? – May 12, 2024 I love it sooo much I give it a 5 because there is a password so no one can look

by ??? – Apr 30, 2024 Perfect app. All in one

by ??? – Mar 26, 2024 I just downloaded this app a few days ago and I love it!! 😃 Up til recently I ALWAYS used paper sticky notes that I would have on my desk - and the reason why is because I could see everything all at once at all times; it’s very convenient - but it also produces clutter and anxiety because every subject is all in one place. *** fixed that!! 😀 With tabs and the list or grid view mode, I can have more organization of subjects and still see almost everything all at once! I love it! 🤩 suggestion I would really love to have more format options for the text! 🙂 Like a button to indent, and be able to have sub notes with points, dashes, or numbers. It makes everything look more tidy and neat. Thank you for this wonderful app! 😆

I am available at 123-456-789 to discuss further and provide additional detail. Thank you.

Till to date, I haven't received reply from the reviewer.

May I know, what are some other actionable items I can do, so that I can get through "Guideline 4.3(a) - Design - Spam" app update rejection?

Thank you so much!

Answered by App Review in 791480022

Thank you for your post. We're investigating this issue and will contact you in App Store Connect to provide further assistance. If you continue to experience issues during review, please contact us.

Accepted Answer

Thank you for your post. We're investigating this issue and will contact you in App Store Connect to provide further assistance. If you continue to experience issues during review, please contact us.

What are some other actionable items I can do, so that I can get through "Guideline 4.3(a) - Design - Spam" app update rejection?

Q